Extreme Budget Build

s1renlord

GameMachine
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Everyday Use , C++ , Light Gaming @ 720p

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:13k Strictly on a budget

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:Nope

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 Home Premium

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:60GB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Nope , Already have a 32inch 1080p T.V and a 19inch (1440*900) viewsonic monitor lying around.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: PSU , Optical Drive & HDD , Monitor , Keyboard , Mouse , UPS and Speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:In 3 weeks

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:I'll build it or sometimes by an assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:Yes buying from online shops

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:This is the config I've in my mind

Intel Pentium G620 + Gigabyte GA H61 D2H Motherboard : 6.8k
Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM : 1.2k
NZXT Source Elite 210 or Bit Fenix Merc Alpha : 2.5k

ATI HD 4870 512MB GPU ( After a year perhaps for using PCSX2 emulator) : 4.2k

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
@MOD please change the title to " highly cash - strained configuration ". As the title suggested by the OP is somewhat misleading.

To be very honest. it will be able to handle only old games at the resolution you demand. 720p. otherwise the config suggested by you is pretty good, if budget allows get a better gpu like the 5670 and skimp a little on the cabinet (go for something cheaper, coz these days 50k+ pc's also using the same cabinet and since price is the main concern here you can make do with cheaper cabinets like : iBall Piano 414 comes with a SMPS. )

You could also go for this config :

AMD 3.2 GHz AM3 Athlon II 260 Processor @ 3.4k
ASUS M5A78L-M LX V2 Motherboard @ 2.7k

If your PSU is 450w+ i suggest invest the extra money in a GTX 550 and that is a very very good card if you can get it for around 6k / look for GTX 550 Ti @ 6.5k

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
THE CONFIG you have in ur mind is good , some changes are
Cooler Master ELITE 310 @ 1.7K
HD 5670 1 gb gddr5 @ 4.5k

panwala95

In the zone
a4 3400-3.5k
biostar a55al-3k
2gb corsair valur ram-0.7k
generic iball cabinet-1.2k
wd caviar blue-3.8k
total-12.2k
if you want better gfx horsepower then get a hd 6450 @ 3k and cfx it with the onboard gfx
good luck!

OP
s1renlord

s1renlord

GameMachine
@All the above , I don't need such graphics cards because light gaming means just a few PCSX2 games.

Thinking of finalizing this config :
Intel Core i3 2120 + Gigabyte GA H61 D2H Mobo + Corsair 4GB DDR3 RAM : 11.5k (Combo Deal)
Generic Cabinet : Rs 950 ( Will buy locally)

ATI HD 5770 : 4k (Erodov , probably after a couple of months)

akky89

Journeyman
yes it is
but remember that you need a quality psu like corsair vs 450 @ 2k to run a hd 5770
good luck!

+1 again
don't buy products like iball, zebronics etc for saving few bucks
cause they can cost you big time somewhere in the future...
and until and unless there is a huge difference in price between cooler master and some other known brand
like corsair and you need to save few bucks don't go with cooler master psu..

rest you'll be fine...

cheers!

Top Bottom