Extracting image from flash video

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
When I open a site to play video there comes a picture in the flash area before the video is being played. As the picture is not a part of the video I am not able to download and also am not able to find that image anywhere. Not screen shot or else as I want undiluted image. Is there a way to take out that image? If any one else can do and send me the image; that will also be appreciated. Link

OFF TOPIC:
wasn't able to find any good heading so I made this.

abhidev

Human Spambot
download the swf...decompile it using the sothink swf decompiler...and then search for the image you are looking for in the decompiled files..

OP
A

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
@topgear: I already gave the link in my very first post. click on "link". Are you intending to send me image after extracting. I don't have good internet connection so I would appreciate that.
@abhidev: I thought so but please help me out for software (if possible free) and its link.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Here's the link to a higher version of that image:
*www.scenicreflections.com/files/Ic...ihime_Inoue__Renji_Abarai_Wallpaper_vurvn.jpg

*www.scenicreflections.com/files/Ichigo_Kurosaki__Rukia_Kuchiki__Orihime_Inoue__Renji_Abarai_Wallpaper_vurvn.jpg

Here's what I did.
I used the print screen to capture the pic from video player. And then I used Google's reverse image search to search for visually same picture. Simple!

Enjoy :-D

OP
A

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
@vineet: Thanks a lot. Your technique was much simple. I never thought about that. Once again thanks.
@abhidev: can you suggest the software.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
You are welcome. Somtimes, the problem which seems difficult have a simple solution.

OP
A

abhinav_sinha

Journeyman
^^Agreed. I had faced similar situations where I wasted 45 min and sol came and done in 30 sec.
BTW do you know any freeware which can exactly download the swf file as suggested by abhidev in post #3. Even plugins will do, preferably firefox. (not capturing video as in Internet download manager etc)

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think IDM is the best to download swf files. But never tried it personally, since never felt the need to download an swf. To download Youtube flash videos there are a bunch of full proof methods.

Top Bottom