Extracting Bootable Image from OEM's Recovery Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Subeejit

"Achtung Stuffen.."
Hi there,
Help required for extracting a bootable image of the OS only (Vista) from the recovery media created ?
Use of the recovery media takes the system to the original factory installed image (which formats the entire HDD thus compelling one to take backup of user files before recovery).
The requirement is to self create a Bootable OS only (excluding the bundled crap stuff usually pushed by the OEMs) media whcih'll allow partitioning, selection of partitions etc... before installing the OS. Ofcourse I dont want to let go the OEM license that I paid for, so no question of using a retail version...I know the procedures for XP based systems, but it won't work on Vista. Pls guide...

Thanks in advance..

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
^^ Use Magic ISO:
*www.free-news-release.com/Extract-Windows-Vista-ISO-image---MagicISO-Detail_8518.html

OP
S

Subeejit

"Achtung Stuffen.."
The point is the restore media (created from a HP laptop) is meant to bring back the system to its original factory image by formatting the entire HDD and creates a single partition "C" and a protected restore partition "D". While restoring it doesn't offer to customise the installation/ creating additional partitions etc..

My question was to extract only the Pre-activated OS only (without the junkwares provided by OEMs) and make a bootable media so as to perform a clean instal (as in case of Retail Version Installation Media).

Similar thing though can be performed on XP systems, Vista uses a different file format thus making it lil complicated..I believe there must be some way and need help on that...

Anyways..thnx for your reply.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
i also have a copy of recovary disc which was given with wipro laptop but when i install it , it shows wipro logos and web addresses all over

Krazy Bluez

Banned to Spam
Use vlite, with it you can create your own personalised version of Vista Based discs, you can also edit some pre-installed settings with it though, search it from www.vlite.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom