extra cd drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahendran

Journeyman
dear friends,

i am using win xp pro and i am a home user.i.e my comp is used by other family members including children.

recently i have noticed an extra cd drive I appart from the two drive g and h i had. how this drive "I" had come i do not know.whether it is due to some act of children or due to some other mistake, i do not know.

kindly advice

sailendra

Journeyman
Have u installed any software like Nero or Alcohol 120 on your system? Nero has a feature called Imagedrive. If one of your children enabled it...well that explains the extra drive letter.
Open my computer, right click drive I and select properties. Go to hardware tab. All the installed devices will be listed there. look for any unknown or new devices. you will get a clue... :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
it might be also due to virtual drive being installed, as sailendra said due the alchhol or nero being installed, some games/softwares need these softwares to get installed, jus search for these softwares and uninstal them...

aakash

Broken In
but the imagedrive does not enable by itself when nero is installed. Even if it is installed check the properties, if it shows any word such as image drive, that's it

girish_b

Journeyman
you may have installed nero , alcohol 120 , virtual cd etc....
virtula cd is very useful to play gamws.. ehen you have to insert a play cd in your cd drive

casanova

The Frozen Nova
Might be you have installed some softwares like clone cd, virtual drive, dameon tools, nero imagedrive etc. Least possibilty is that you have manually set the bios settings and have confiured it to 3 dvd's.
I even don't know exactly ian additional icon comes for cd-roms but it does for floppy drives.
You can right click on that extra drive might be you get some clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom