Extra 30 minutes in DataOne??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nithu

I'm in 3D Grafix world!!!
Hello friends...
Hey Im using BSNL 500+ combo plan. If i disconnect my connection at 7:55 am and reconnect immediately do i get extra 30 minutes??

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
AFAIK, I was the one who first mentioned that BSNL meters usage in time blocks, and that if a block starts just before 2:00 am, then usage is counted as chargeable until the block ends and a new one starts.

But I never said that the blocks are all in half-hour units. I've noticed that the blocks can be any length up to 3 hours. It probably depends on the way BSNL adjusts their gateway bandwidth accoding to traffic.

Some blocks are only a few minutes long. This probably happens when the local server's connection fails.

Somehow, as more and more people make posts about BSNL BB, it seems some people make assumptions and post them as facts without verifying them.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
you can do that to save some usage while browsing in the mornig, but don't rely on that for heavy downloads. Generally if I reconnect at 7:59 it is not charged upto 8:29, but methods can change anytime. And anyways, these people have strange billing methods, you cannot rely on what is shown in the portal. So i would suggest that if you do that, only do some surfing, don't download in that period. just to be on the safer side.

OP
Nithu

Nithu

I tried this method two times and the usage in that period never showed in usage portal. so i thought i can do it everyday. But after reading your comments i'm not really going to do this.

Anyway thanks guys for your valuable information...

OP
Nithu

Nithu

Hey..im sorry..i have another question.

Is there any limit in BSNL DataOne night unlimited plan??
How much gigs of data i can download per month??

I asked this because i read somewhere that other ISP's limits their night unlimited plan to 40GB,60GB or something.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I've crossed 60gb bandwidth in February. Nothing happed. I think 2-8 is UL. But i think they will cap the bandwidth if you use excessively may be after a 100gb mark. i've never faced that situation.

mittyr

silentFOX
@Nithu

There's no capping as of now. Download 80-90GB every month, never had speed issues too 200-230KBps avg (500+ Combo Plan). I think Tata & Reliance has limits.

I don't know, what you gonna do/download in 30mins. Well, who cares. We should be thankful as there's no limits.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
That's strage. If tata and reliance impose limit, how do they call it unlimited. never heard of anything such, " download unlimited upto 100 GB".
hey, actually I've heard that. I receive SMS from service provider which says 'download unlimited free ringtones at only Rs. 6/min'. Now tell me by what philosophy is that free!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom