External HDD

riyaz

Broken In
I need to buy an external HDD at the earliest.

I am thinking of buying a 1 TB HDD as there is not much difference in price between 500GB and 1TB.

I was checking a model of Transcend. Transcend StoreJet 25M3 2.5 inch 1 TB External Hard Disk - Transcend: Flipkart.com

However, reviews mention the poor after sales service of transcend. Is it the general consensus about transcend? Is there a good one with better after sales service for external HDD? WD,Dell, Seagate etc?

OP
R

riyaz

Broken In
Hehe Gollum!! nice bit :p
Well, I was more interested to know about the After Sales Service.
Anyways, I read that the USB cable was too short and I was going to use it with my desktop at times so finally I went with the Transcend one. I had ordered before I checked these replies anyway...
All of your replies are appreciated. Thanks to all :)

OP
R

riyaz

Broken In
CAUTION:

When I contacted their Customer Service to ask about the service centre, I got the following reply. So future buyers, please be advised.

"We are deeply sorry that since we do not have any service centers in India at this moment, please kindly take the product with the receipt back to the original retailer and ask for a repair or replacement service.
If you cannot get help from original retailer, please contact with local distributors for getting further help. The contact information is as the attachment for your reference, please kindly check with them for RMA process inquiry directly. Thanks for your understanding in advance."

And the attached contact information shows there are just FOUR contact points. Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore and Chennai. Just for everybody's information.

So, bear it in mind while going for Transcend. Thank you all for your replies.

Last edited:

sksundram

In the zone
you won't be disappointed with this drive. it performs really well with USB 3.0. i have personally used it (that first comment on FK is mine :mrgreen:

Top Bottom