External HDD won't stop

vikashkb

Broken In
I have Seagate 2tb external hard disk. It won't stop spinning even after I shut down my computer. I use windows 8 and drive is connected to usb 3.0. please help
Thanks

aaruni

The Linux Guy
AFAIK, drives don't ship with battery. so if you cut the power source, it will stop spinning. Is the computer really shut down? Try pulling the plug on it after shutdown, or different OS.

Hrishi

I have Seagate 2tb external hard disk. It won't stop spinning even after I shut down my computer. I use windows 8 and drive is connected to usb 3.0. please help
Thanks

Well , , it's probably your motherboard . It must be configured in BIOS to keep the current flowing into the USB ports , even though the computer is turned off.
This is not a bug , it's just an additional feature in certain motherboards , so that you can ppower on the system using External devices .

^ this is what I'm thinking. Also, sometimes due to improper grounding, current may flow in the metallica parts and pass into connected peripherals.

^ this is what I'm thinking. Also, sometimes due to improper grounding, current may flow in the metallica parts and pass into connected peripherals.

Top Bottom