External HD Western Digital not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi

I have 250 GB WD HDD with USB connectivity only. I had accidentally dropped it on the floor. After that , my laptop isnt detecting it. HDD has got white light connector that shows its activity. While connecting to lappu, its on but still lappu cant recognize ??

Any solution to this prob :(

Thanks
Sumit

Mr.Digital

Broken In
After connecting your HDD, first listen whether its making any rough sound. If yes then the platters of HDD have gone bad.

Else if you are professional enough, then try to open the case & verify the power & USB connections.

D

Deleted member 26636

check this- *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=120690

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Thanks..but active@killdisk has taken around 3-4 hrs and still stuck at 9% ..yuckssss :( ..wat to do now

D

Deleted member 26636

Thanks..but active@killdisk has taken around 3-4 hrs and still stuck at 9% ..yuckssss :( ..wat to do now
hmm...mine took 7 hours....before getting corrupted there was only 4gb of space left (in the usable 465gb)...3-4 hrs & 9% is actually really slow...but wait & see

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hmm...mine took 7 hours....before getting corrupted there was only 4gb of space left (in the usable 465gb)...3-4 hrs & 9% is actually really slow...but wait & see

I left the laptop open in morning, went to office and at evening wat i saw !!!!!

STILL STUCK at 11 % ...... :x

wat to do now ..Easus recovery wizard and active@killidisk doesnt help

Should I take my HD to some professional hard disk services or what ?

Mr.Digital

Broken In
If you don't want situation to become worse:shock:, better go to some affordable professional or buy a new one once all R&D finishes.:???:

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
cant buy a new one since it costs damn 4k :(
anybody can recommend professional HD services in GGN/Delhi ?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Hey, if u still ahve warranty on that drive, contact WD. Their service center is in Delhi only.
They have an option for Data Recovery too.
Well, in my case I had not opted for it, so don't know the charges, but they have.

And, u may like to go through this thread:-
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119625
(this was also a WD drive, and crashed without any reason)

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Talked to some vendors in GGN like *www.entertechindia.com/ and StellarInfo in GGN

They are saying charges of 11000/- if physically opening HD to recover :cry::cry::cry:

If not opening and recovering by software then 4000-5000/- :cry::cry::cry:

Better to buy a new HD !!!! :twisted:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Talked to some vendors in GGN like *www.entertechindia.com/ and StellarInfo in GGN

They are saying charges of 11000/- if physically opening HD to recover :cry::cry::cry:

If not opening and recovering by software then 4000-5000/- :cry::cry::cry:

Better to buy a new HD !!!! :twisted:
Did u check the clients of StellarInfo....they include Capgemini, Accenture:shock:

Now u guess, how much they would charge u per MB data recovery ;-)

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
@Rhitwick..This WD drive I bought in US so I guess no guarantee in INdia :(

Seen ur thread ..cant beleive u r such a genuine collector like me..Well I lost 150GB of my collection and my onsite photos (might be in my desktop so have to see...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom