Extensions for Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh

Journeyman
Hi,

All firefox fans. Some extensions for ypu.

*update.mozilla.org/extensions/show...ox&version=1.0&numpg=&category=Download Tools

Firefox is the BEST. :D

suhas_sm

Journeyman
hmmmm this tempts me to ask ur fav extensions in firefox ;)
guys go on !

foxytunes
ieview
gmail notifier
n flashgot

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
Now this is going to be one of the best threads ..... 8) 8) 8)

I use these

common ones->
Downloadwith
All in one Guestures
Tabbrowser Prefs

i like->
Add bookmark here
TabScroller
Paste and Go
SwitchProxy <=== really really helpful plugin, the reason i 1st switched to FF

-----
alibi

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
gaurav_018 said:
why do you need to have multiple proxy connections? and what is FF

whoa ..
FF = FireFox
multiple proxy = cos i connect to net though LAN using proxy.. and proxies at my place tend to be down at times .. I have keep changing between proxies which work fast

-----
alibi

gaurav_018

Broken In
you mean you use different "always on broadband" providers, or do yuou mean you are part of a network in which the proxy server keeps hanging? please explain. i hope you don't mind me asking you these questions.

#/bin/sh

Journeyman
Firefox Gains 34 Percent in November

*www.internetnews.com/ent-news/article.php/3447191

“Beware of spyware. If you can, use the Firefox browser.�

*www.usatoday.com/tech/news/computersecurity/2004-09-08-zombieinfect_x.htm

check it!

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
gaurav_018 said:
you mean you use different "always on broadband" providers, or do yuou mean you are part of a network in which the proxy server keeps hanging? please explain. i hope you don't mind me asking you these questions.
ofcourse i dont mind ...

I connect to Internet using my college LAN ..
Packets of TCP go from my computer pass through my hostel server to my college server to college's ISP.
But, the problem is that my LAN has over 5000 computers tunnelling themselves through the same college server .. and it sometimes gets clogged and slow
Interestingly, the computers in departments ( and computer center ) donot tunnel through that 'college server' to connect to ISP. They tunnel through other proxies ( and connect to same ISP eventually ). These proxy servers are not listed in the Routing Tables of Hostel Servers.
So we students here use this little trick. We specify the proxy ourselves so that we connect to that department server to access the net.
But so many ppl trying to connect to these proxies ( plus the department computers also connecting through them ) tend to slow them down.
I keep checking which proxies are fast and keep switching from time to time to stick to a decent speed of surfing ..

Moral of the Story: the proxies are local proxies .. not ISP's proxies .. ISP is same :)

Hope i make myself clear.
-----
alibi

amitpagarwal

Broken In
suhas_sm said:
hmmmm this tempts me to ask ur fav extensions in firefox ;)
guys go on !

foxytunes
ieview
gmail notifier
n flashgot

I guess Scrapbook is also a very useful extension for saving content from the web.

Just my 0.02 cents.
The Indian Blogger

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
these r the only links u will need for firefox extensions and themes
*www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=2 <-- for extensions (over 500 of them)
*www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=24 <-- for themes

for thunderbird
*www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=3 <-- for extensions
*www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showforum=25 <-- for themes

bookmark 'em now. ;)

and oh yeah, here's the Official Mozilla page listing all of the extensions on their site.
*update.mozilla.org/extensions/showlist.php?numpg=50&os=windows&version=auto-detect&submit=Update
(rajesh's site listed only download-tool extensions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom