Ext hdd 1tb advise

ani619

Broken In
i'm an engineering student, computer science branch.
i need a 1TB Ext HDD for backing up my importatn documents and movies too.
budget is max 6k(online shopping works too), the EHDD should be USB3.0.

i have considered the following, but cant decide on one.

WD MY Passport

Seagate Expansion USB

but my most preferred choice is:

Seagate Backup Plus

i am not choosing no.2,

tell me which one 1st, WD PASSPORT OR 3. SEAGATE BACKUP+

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
Its too much. Now for what had they increased the price? Luckily I bought it when the price were down. Even at the time of diwali the price of Seagate backup plus was around 4.9K.

arijitsinha

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿ O'RLY?
@OP:- You can wait for sometime, there might be price drop. or check local market, if they have old stock.

gameranand

Living to Play
Yeah WAIT.....Good thing I bought 2TB internal HDD when prices were down, now they have increased indeed. :|

pratik385

In the zone
damn whenever i want to get a Hard drive, the other day they've increased its prices by a good margin...but why now?

Suggest me a 2TB USB 3.0 external Hard drive, i ve a 3-4 year old seagate free agent 500gb which is full and my internal 750gb hdd too and both running really well...
Manufacturer : Seagate / WD
Size: matters, is it available in 2.5inch one?
Extra: also there are few models which requires no external power for 2TB so any new models coming from Seagate/WD in 2013
Note: I can wait few months...

Last edited:

arjoonpk

Broken In
heyy I too am in lookout for an external HDD -1tb portable...

1)WD My Passport USB 3.0 1 TB External Hard Disk and
2)Seagate Backup Plus

are my shortlisted items....
i dont care about the looks... (both of them look pretty much the same to me.....)
i'm more inclined towards areas like performance and size
i guess WD MY passport has the edge when it comes to size and the ease of carrying around..

Unless Seagate Backup Plus offers more speed and reliability than WD My passport, the latter remains my favorite option....

please help me take the best option.....
links of any good deals are also welcome...
my budget is under 6k

Top Bottom