explorer.exe restart in win 8.1

vito scalleta

In the zone
Hello guys.
I recently bought a samsung evo 120gb and and replaced the ODD in my laptop with it.
I migrated the OS on my C: to the SSD using the samsung migration tool provided with it. and i did not format the OS on my C: . I just changed the boot order from my BIOS and booted into the ssd.

Now the problem is explorer.exe is restarting at random intervals even if i have not opened windows explorer. also wen i tried to open defragment service it said that it cannot start because task scheduler is not running .
but wen i booted in to the OS on my C: it wrked fine.
Pls suggest me a way to solve the problem in the OS in my ssd .

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
I dont defrag the ssd.
I ran sfc/scannow and it said ther wer some errors that could not be solved and they can be found in a cbs log file.
I opened it ther wer some few hundred lines of tesxt of which i could isolate the following the few lines coz the had "Warning" in it

2014-07-28 06:39:07, Info CSI 000007f9 [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [ml:520{260},l:66{33}]"\??\E:\Windows\winsxs\InstallTemp" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-Sxs, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

2014-07-28 06:39:07, Info CSI 000007fa Ignoring duplicate ownership for directory [l:66{33}]"\??\E:\Windows\winsxs\InstallTemp" in component Microsoft-Windows-Sxs, Version = 6.3.9600.16384, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

2014-07-28 06:39:07, Info CSI 000007fb [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [ml:56{28},l:54{27}]"\??\E:\Windows\SysWOW64\sru" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-SruMon, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

2014-07-28 06:39:08, Info CSI 000007fc [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [ml:84{42},l:82{41}]"\??\E:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\Engines\SR" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-SpeechEngine, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

2014-07-28 06:39:08, Info CSI 000007fd [DIRSD OWNER WARNING] Directory [ml:76{38},l:74{37}]"\??\E:\Windows\SysWOW64\Speech\Common" is not owned but specifies SDDL in component Microsoft-Windows-SpeechCommon, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_INTEL (0), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral

the problem still persists . Do u know wat those text mean ?

- - - Updated - - -

i got fed up and used the migration tool to move the OS to the ssd from hdd again . the problem still persists :-(

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
I have given up trying to make the OS wrk on the SSD .
now the OS is gng to be in hard disk itself. and programs like games that have large loading times will be in the ssd.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I have given up trying to make the OS wrk on the SSD .
now the OS is gng to be in hard disk itself. and programs like games that have large loading times will be in the ssd.

That's a very poor use for the SSD.
Try again.
Follow these steps:
1.Fully format SSD.
2.Reduce the HDD to nearly 50-60GB by transferring everything to external HDD except Windows.
3.Install AOMEI Partition Assistant.
4. Clone the entire HDD to SSD including all the recovery partitions.
5.Boot from the SSD.
6.If everything goes well, Windows 8 will recognize the SSD and will not try to defrag it instead it will TRIM it.

- - - Updated - - -

The culprit might be Shamesung/Samdung Migration Assistant here which might only be for desktops.

OP
vito scalleta

vito scalleta

In the zone
That's a very poor use for the SSD.
Try again.
Follow these steps:
1.Fully format SSD.
2.Reduce the HDD to nearly 50-60GB by transferring everything to external HDD except Windows.
3.Install AOMEI Partition Assistant.
4. Clone the entire HDD to SSD including all the recovery partitions.
5.Boot from the SSD.
6.If everything goes well, Windows 8 will recognize the SSD and will not try to defrag it instead it will TRIM it.

- - - Updated - - -

The culprit might be Shamesung/Samdung Migration Assistant here which might only be for desktops.

Thanks for the suugestion
I will try it in a day or two and post
and are ther any other migration softwares that are reliable. ?

- - - Updated - - -

Used AOMEI pro version today to move the OS to the SSD .
The problem seems to have disappeared.
So Samsung's Data Migration Tool was the culprit I guess.

Many Thanks. :)

Top Bottom