EVGA X58 Motherboard is in the Works - don't get set on other offerings just yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

AuDioFreaK39

EVGA X58 Motherboard Confirmed - don't get set on other offerings just yet!

I've known this for quite some time now, and I just didn't know if it was still under NDA or not, but - EVGA will be releasing an X58 motherboard that will *hopefully* release at the launch of Nehalem. I've talked to a few people at EVGA about this, and they are very hush hush about timeframes but they did say there is an EVGA X58 platform in the works.

Absolute confirmation can be found in NVIDIA's latest press release:

*www.nvidia.com/object/io_1224586792565.html

“EVGA is continuing its tradition of bringing true enthusiast platforms to the market following the success with NVIDIA nForce-based SLI motherboards supporting Intel CPUs,” said Joe Darwin, Director of Technical Marketing at EVGA. “By licensing NVIDIA SLI technology, the EVGA X58 motherboard will deliver the ultimate 2-way and 3-way SLI platform to, once again, meet the enthusiast’s demand.”

Hardware Akutell - EVGA is Working on X58 Mainboard (Translated)

With that said, don't get your eyes set on the ASUS P6T or Gigabyte EX58 offerings because, as stated from my sources, "they will suck compared to this monster!"

In addition, here is a blog entry written by Theo Valich from Wordpress describing the situation:

WORLD EXCLUSIVE: EVGA to launch Intel X58 motherboards

*theovalich.wordpress.com/2008...-motherboards/

When it comes to add-in board vendors, EVGA is probably the most faithful company in the business. Ever since the company launched, Nvidia was the only name EVGA wanted to hear about. But, things are about to change.
Here are the facts:

1) EVGA does not want to miss the Core i7 train
2) Nvidia is not making a chipset for Intel Core i7
3) EVGA poached excellent engineering team from now-defunct EPoX and does not want that team to do nothing until MCP8-series show up

Well, those facts end with a really simple result. EVGA is preparing to launch its first non-Nvidia based motherboard, but it will still have Nvidia chips on it. You’ve guessed it right - X58+nForce 200 bridges for full Triple-SLI capability.
The motherboard is being designed by ex-EPoX engineering team, bringing plentiful of overclocking capabilities, Digital PWM, and fully solid-state caps across the board. Special attention is being given to providing top juice to graphics cards, so if you decide to go for the gold and grab 3-SLI setup with three water-cooled GTX270 boards, be our guest.
But, that is not all. This is the first motherboard, which will be followed by ultimate motherboard for this Christmas, no questions asked. The enthusiast motherboard is actually being designed by a world class overclocker. Yes, the one and only Peter Tan a.k.a. Shamino, who is making “Shamino special”.

For those unaware – Brian Flood from Mushkin, Shamino, Kinc and I share a special connection. According to German police, we all had the honor of dying and resurrecting. Last year, we were all pronounced “missing presumably dead” when some east-German thieves stole helluwa stuff from our brand new VW Passat Variant, en route to the airport. Well, VW is one car I will *never* buy. Piece of alarm-unsecured junk.
Getting back to the subject, EVGA is bringing several things to high-end X58 market that nobody has. First of all, the company will offer limited lifetime warranty (just as with all of their high-end products) and yes, 90-day Step up program.
If that is not making ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI and other motherboard makers sweat, we don’t know what will. Lifetime warranty on a motherboard? Free upgrade program? Bloody hell, I am buying that one.

Straight from EVGA: *www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3373662&postcount=11

* Supports Intel Core i7 Processors
* Intel X58/ICH10R Chipset
* EVGA VDroop Control
* 100% Solid State Capacitors
* 6 DIMM triple-channel DDR3
* Enthusiast layout supporting 2-way, 3-way SLI and CrossFireX
* 10 SATA II 3.0GB/s ports (1 e-SATA)
* EVGA E-LEET Turning Utility

*i34.tinypic.com/jhq0j5.png

*PROTOTYPE BOARD*

*img374.imageshack.us/img374/1495/evgax58layoutda5.jpg

P.S. I'd also like to note that this will be EVGA's first Intel chipset board. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
1. HUGE
2. SWEET
3. SLEEK
4. AWESOME

Nxt time post thumbnails, i'm outta bandwidth I guess, my dad will nail me for this, and i'll nail u for no thimbnails(not serious lolz)

amitash

Intel OCer
^
ALL new X58 mobos support tripple channel ddr3 hence the six slots
Its not going to be cheap though...probably around 400$...Does this support Xfire?

OP
A

AuDioFreaK39

I have no doubt in my mind that this will be thee best performing X58 motherboard on the market. EVGA has always focused on the enthusiast's needs with every build and they aren't exactly going to give up their reputation. With over a dozen ex-EpoX engineers working on this board in addition to the overclocking legend Peter Tan "Shamino" (pictured on left), there will be no compromises between rock solid quality, stability and performance. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom