ever heard of XTREME or EXTREME brand of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
When I bought the mobo and ram, corsair value select wasn't supported in a pair of 2 with asus a8n e acc to manual and personal experience. the manual also mentions some other modules including one/some kingston. some kingston might be running while some might not. everything depends upon chips.

hynix may be making many chips, i am only refering to hynix d43 chips and not any crap chip. hynix d43 might let you oc even more. also you can get to know the chips by looking at the ram modules and readin it but the dealers won't know all this.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
akshayt said:
transcend uccc will run 400 @ 500
hynix d43 if lucky can goto 540 from 400 i think

asus a8n e doesn't supprt each kingston chip

local ram for 4400 is not worth it, even branded costs just as much maybe 100-300 type diff

Are these seeds possible without heat sink/heat spreaders???And at stock timings?

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
local ram for 4400 is not worth it, even branded costs just as much
maybe 100-300 type diff

Hmmm .. Hynix 2 GB for ~9200 .. Corsair Value 2 GB for ~12000 .... 100-300 diff. my a**

akshayt : U some kind of hardware freaked expert turned chusa hua aam ???

janitha

Wise Old Owl
akshayt said:
transcend uccc will run 400 @ 500
hynix d43 if lucky can goto 540 from 400 i think

asus a8n e doesn't supprt each kingston chip

local ram for 4400 is not worth it, even branded costs just as much maybe 100-300 type diff

In another post, you said that a8 ne does'nt support Corsair Value Select Ram. But my 2x1GB ones are running fine with a8 ne. Now other people are saying that they are using Kingston without any problem. You are always suggesting Transcend only. I dont understand why.

BTW till recently, I was using Transcend 512x2 and it was also working fine.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
OT:
Many of you asking about heat spreaders in here. How many of you have ram heating problems? Mine (in my sig) doesn't even turn mildly warm in operation. Maybe it differs with type of chips.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
siriusb said:
OT:
Many of you asking about heat spreaders in here. How many of you have ram heating problems? Mine (in my sig) doesn't even turn mildly warm in operation. Maybe it differs with type of chips.

Are u using UCCC chips??How much was the performance gain after oc? :)

Last edited:

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
samrulez said:
Are u using UCCC chips??How much was the performance gain after oc? :)
This thing is neither d43, uccc or bh5 or what not. It's a sux0r jetram module. At the time of my purchase delta didn't have any other ram and I didn't have more money too. But it's ok for the price. It can do a max of 240MHz on the same latencies but I have to lower it to reach higher oc in cpu.

Last edited:

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl

Well .. that depends on how much u oc .. for stock heat spreaders are almost not necessary .. but if u oc the CPU too much , and specially in cases where the cpu gets and increase in over 10c under load .. imagine the hot air directly dumped on the ram's (specially with the stock cooler) ... specially with the oc'ed RAM ... just playing safe i guess ...

OCZ and Corsair can literally push over 50 MHz on with lowered latencies ... thats quite a load. .. so the heat spreaders can really ensure that ur ram runs a little cooler . specially if the ambient temp. inside the cabinet is high , or the CPU is still running on the stock cooling ...

Even my stupid Zion modules can be pushed to 240 at stock latencies .. and runs pretty normal . without any spreaders ... thats like from ddr400 to ddr480 on stock ... no additional cooling ... rock stable ...

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Actually it depends more on the chip and the volts you are supplying. For example, bh5 chips are known to take in heavy volts (more than 3.5Vs). I run mine at a humble 2.6V. Considering all this, I wanted to know how many here need heat spreaders to oc more.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Hmmm ... a general opinion i guess.. .. but beats me ... heat spreaders should make it a bit safe to OC .. most of the oc'ing bottleneck is from the excess heat aint it ??

Also .. i doubt hardly a good percentage has modules with heat spreaders .. coz standard one's are very rare to be shipped with them ... nonetheless .. many use corsair here .. so ...

BTW .. those are some nice OC and timings on the ram ... how much did 2 GB costs u ... as rough estimation would be enough ...

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
hey wanted to ask a question .... ihave a 256 MB ram and i m thinking of adding another 1GB ram .. will there be any probs.?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
No.....u will have no probs.....is u put them in single channel......but u can't do that in double channel..

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
@Tango_Cash:
Does the ram you mention look like this:
*www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=101692
It looks like a killer ram. Just make sure you get good timings and based on a good chip.

deathvirus_me said:
Hmmm ... a general opinion i guess.. .. but beats me ... heat spreaders should make it a bit safe to OC .. most of the oc'ing bottleneck is from the excess heat aint it ??

Also .. i doubt hardly a good percentage has modules with heat spreaders .. coz standard one's are very rare to be shipped with them ... nonetheless .. many use corsair here .. so ...
Like I said, unless you supply more than 3V, have water cooling (so don't have much air moving) and overclock the memory insanely, you won't need heat spreaders. EVEN then you 'might' be able to gain 1MHZ or 2MHz at best. I think even a corsair tech admitted this like a year back. RD rams and legacy rams OTHT may benefit from "heat spreading" though. It's more of a glitz now than anything.

BTW .. those are some nice OC and timings on the ram ... how much did 2 GB costs u ... as rough estimation would be enough ...
I bought it for Rs.4,250/1GB mid june.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom