ever heard of XTREME or EXTREME brand of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tango_cash

In the zone
hi i want to buy 1gb ram.my vendor has offered me xtreme or extreme brand's ram for 4400.is it good brand .ne 1 heard or used it.what isthe price of other brand's for 1gb ram.

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Never heard of it.

Price of 1GB should vary from sub 4k(very lucky) to 5k+

you can get transcend around 4500, which mobo ?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Don't get kingston.

I am not sure whether corsair value select DDR1 modules will oc at all.
If they do, then get them. prices should be around the same at most few hundred more.

or get transcend (UCCC chips, if not available then hynix d43 chips)

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Well....for normal use get Transcend or TwinMos or Kingston........

For high performance get Corsair or OCZ.....

I am not sure whether corsair value select DDR1 modules will oc at all.
Corsair Value Select can run at 450 MHz......stable....
And also at a speed of 400 MHz it can run with a CAS latecy if 2CL..even though rated 2.5CL

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
it all depends upon the chips. during my time corsair value select didn't oc much if at all.
also, 400 to 450 is not a big jump. All value ram will mostly give the same performance, small differences, better brand might be more stable etc.

Don't get kingston, you have no reason to.

If you want to oc:
get transcend (UCCC chips)

If you don't want to oc:
get corsair value select provided mobo supports the ram modules in both cases

kingston:
give a logical reason to go for it, there is no reason to go for it.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Also... u can overclok Transcend mudules...if u have good heat spreaders... to 450-468 MHz.....

@akshay:Which mudules are u using?

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Kingston is not the best. You have no evidence, please keep quiet.

OC depends on chips.
Hynix D43 might not oc at all(may be) or may even reach 270 from 200.
UCCC may be able to do 250 or higher(maybe)

Do you want to oc, pelase tell?

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
it all depends upon the chips. during my time corsair value select didn't oc much if at all.
also, 400 to 450 is not a big jump. All value ram will mostly give the same performance, small differences, better brand might be more stable etc.

The problem was not with the RAM .. but the user (yes dodo .. U) .... now ur sti**ing around with ur RAM gyan too ??? 400 -> 450 not a good OC ??? Hmmmm .... what ru ??? are u an alien ???

Also ... about the vendor that said about the Xtreme or Extreme mem. ,... he could be selling u off some cheap local ram .... there are loads of them out there ... though they're not bad .. they're not meant to be messed around with ... and are preferred to run at stock ... the big plus is the price ... quite less from even Zion ram's .... and if u want cheap mem. modules to mess around with , then definitely get Kingston ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
transcend uccc will run 400 @ 500
hynix d43 if lucky can goto 540 from 400 i think

asus a8n e doesn't supprt each kingston chip

local ram for 4400 is not worth it, even branded costs just as much maybe 100-300 type diff

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
I don't recommend hynix.

Hynix using D34 chips is ok but I would rather have Transcend using UCCC(first choice) or Hynix D43 chips.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Yeah ... as if the distributors or the resellers understand the minute specs.

Hynix chips are good .. like i said .. with mine at stock latencies ( 3,4,4,12 :( ) i can go upto 240 MHz i.e. ddr480 stable ... and with tweaked latencies ( 2,3,3,6 ) i get to around 215 MHz i.e. ddr430 ... though they lack heatsinks and i don't oc them coz i can't afford to fry them ...

Now ... the catch is that oc'ing doesn't involve ram oc'ing necessarily ... so these modules do great till u keep them at stock ... thus having a oc'ed cpu and ram running at stock with lower latencies ... now i got 2 GB for around 9k's .. that makes them quite cheap ...

asus a8n e doesn't supprt each kingston chip

Care to explain ?? My friend is using 2*1 GB kingston ddr4000 kingston modules for quite a few months now without any problem .... infact he has them running at 215 MHz all the time .... and that too with forced latencies of 3,2,3,8 ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom