EU fines Microsoft record $1.35 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just said that Intel is less bad compared to M$, atleast to the end user. ANd AMD was not suing intel but the Govt of India, who were terribly ignorant of AMD. I too know that intel is bad in quite a few ways, but they did make OSS drivers(though it was just to woo customers).

While my heart goes out to AMD, I still have to concider only Intel because of the fact that they are better in most respects. In the case of linux vs windows, I am fully with linux because its both better and likable(for openness and similar reasons as AMD). But in intel vs AMD's case, its a lot harder. Intel looks better in almost every angle. All of their products are better and more *usable*(oss drivers) than their AMD counterparts. Intel has OSS drivers, is more OCable, is better than AMD even in low end range(E21x0), is more power effitient(45 nm) and shows better performance.

My regards to Hector Ruiz and I wish him the best of luck to launch products better than Intel ones, and bring back the era when the Athlon X2 range was just launched. but for now, I have to stay with intel. Sorry.

@mods: sorry for going off topic

on topic: I think M$ deserves such fines mainly because the only way they are trying to survive is by marketing gimmiks using their monopoly. They(atleast for me) are not even bettering their rivals to an extent that makes investing in M$ worthwile. Intel(though more sinister) is not like that. They are better than their competition.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
I just said that Intel is less bad compared to M$, atleast to the end user. ANd AMD was not suing intel but the Govt of India, who were terribly ignorant of AMD. I too know that intel is bad in quite a few ways, but they did make OSS drivers(though it was just to woo customers).
What OSS drivers are you talking about? The whole x3000 range is blacklisted for 3D acceln. only coz Intel refused to open up!

Ontopic: Ok, so whats EU gonna do next? Fine MS again for delaying to pay the fine?? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom