Ethernet Port, available or not ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hi guys, well i jus wanted to know that how can i know whether my Intel D865 GBF mobo has a Ethernet port or not ?? Do i hv to install this port ?? coz i really dont know whether Intel mobo comes with an Ethernet port (onboard) or no :? :? :?

i need this port for a broadband connection,i hv already purchased a D-LINK ADSL ROUTER (model-502-T) for this purpose.My broadband connection speed will be 256 Kbps.

If my mobo doesnt hv a Ethernet port (inbuilt) then wats the price of such a ethernet port !! (mumbai prices and brands will b really helpful, guys :) )

Wich brand of ethernet port to buy and wats the approx. price ....

Also do tell me wat brand of SMPS (400 W) power supply shud i buy for my PC and wats the price (mumbai price).

My system configuration is an Intel pentium-4 processor on an intel D-865 GBF mobo with 256 mb ddr (266) Hynix ram, nvidia ge force FX 5200 , 256 mb ddr ram graphics card,1000-W mercury speakers,17"Samsung monitor,40-GB HDD,CD ROM and CD WRITER (Samsung) ,DVD ROM (Sony)

thanx , cheers n peace.... :):)

Please Help..

digen

Youngling
Dont take my word for it but I just glanced through the motherboard manual & it no where says it has onboard ethernet port.
If thats the case then you got to buy PCI LAN Card which now a days cost somewhere around 250-500 bucks.Many brands are available like frontech,d-link...

For all the systems on my LAN i've d-link ethernet cards.

Charley

Just Do It
anubhav_har said:
Nope it does not have one. Buy a Dlink card which costs around 300-400 bucks

After a hell lot of bargain I got it for 525 grants. The cheapest that had was 400rs , some indigenous brand.

:lol:

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
whaaaat ???? NIC cards for over 500bucks?????
intex...quantum.....etc..etc....for 200 bucks...
sure i am not comparing these with d-link but they r working fine for me for the last 2 years i guess....

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
ethernet port and lan card means one and the same?????
yaa plz do tell me this also as me too a bit confused :?

Coz the Intel D-865 GBF mobo has an AGP slot on wich we can install the AGP CARD so i already know that intel mobos dont come with a LAN card installed onboard, but do they hv the SLOT(space) to install a LAN card ?? If yes then wats the SLOT called as !! (by any particular name) coz on my mobo i hv 6-WHITE colored sots empty below my AGP slot.

Ok guys so as per ur suggestions i will go and look out for a LAN card from D-LINK :) but do i need to look for a 10/100 LAN card !! :?

But wat abt the SMPS (400-W) wich model/brands to buy and wats the price for the same in Mumbai !! :roll:

I am having the SMPS from sum company named QUANTUM HI-TECH and the model-ATX-250 so does the "ATX-250" rating mean that i hv a 250-W SMPS??

thanx , :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom