Error : No permission to write to /storage/emulated/0 when Installing SKY FORCE RELOADED

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Hi Guys

I have unrooted MI4 with Latest stable MIUI 8.1.4.0. Whenever I try to install Sky Force reloaded (which I love like crazy),
Google Play store crashes..and throws this error

java.lang.SecurityException: No permission to write to storage-emulated-0-Android-obb (attached image)

I have to tried to install offline apk but same error.Even when I try to install big games like "Trail" same error occurs. All other apps like Amazon, Flipkart etc can be installed successfully from play store

Could you please advice whats wrong here

Thanks
Sumit

Attachments

• Sky force error.jpg
    Sky force error.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 265
  • About phone.jpg
    About phone.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 207
OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
older version is completely different...sky force 2014... even it throws same error..any game > 300 MB is throwing same error

billubakra

Conversation Architect
Were you able to install bigger, 300+mb, games when your phone was rooted? How did you unroot it? I think the method of unrooting might be the culprit here. Try installing any other game bigger like Street Fighter and see if it works or not, this game won't save the data file in obb folder and it should work.

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Were you able to install bigger, 300+mb, games when your phone was rooted? How did you unroot it? I think the method of unrooting might be the culprit here. Try installing any other game bigger like Street Fighter and see if it works or not, this game won't save the data file in obb folder and it should work.
Actually my phone was never rooted...Its original and unrooted always

OP
esumitkumar

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Bomb Squad is successfully installed...seems observation about not being to install in obb folder is correct ..what to do now ?

Top Bottom