ERROR: "An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured." | Plz Help

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hi all!
Whenever I play music on my PC, after sometime(can be any random time) the sound stops and an error pops up: "An audio device was disconnected or reconfigured. Verify that the audio device is connected, and then try to play the item again."
I have tried this with VLC Media Player, and after sometime it's sound got missing too. This is not only limited to music, this problem is also in games, but in Portal 2 when I change Audio Device to something else and set it back , the sound also returns for sometime.
Till now the speakers(Creative SBS A120) were connected at backpanel(is that correct word?) but now when I connect them to front side, it works without any problem.

Is it the motherboard or something else? If its motherboard's fault, can I get it replaced as its under warranty or this is not covered? :(

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^They are connected to correct place. I dont have a sound card, its just integrated on the mobo..

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^^ Its due to problem with your internet connection. ;)
LOL I know that!! Thats why I said MTS is strange!! :rofl:

BTW now its back to normal, 40 minutes left..... :lol:

Download n install the Realtek High Definition Audio Drivers..
Thanks a lot!!!

I downloaded and installed it and plugged my headphones into the backpanel and tried again. Music is running from 10 minutes without any problem. I hope it will also work for the speakers, I cannot test right now(its too late!!), so will test tomorrow with speakers. Thanks again! :D :)

BTW How did you know which drivers were to be installed(both were for audio, right?)

MegaMind

Human Spambot
BTW How did you know which drivers were to be installed(both were for audio, right?)

HDMI Audio Drivers - HDMI drivers are needed when u have a monitor with speakers/connecting to TV use HDMI cable to connect ur HDMI of motherboard to HDMI of monitor/TV..

Realtek High Definition Audio Driver - Needed to access onboard audio ports..

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Oh.... thanks.... *www.team-bhp.com/forum/images/smilies/Sign%20stupid.gif

The speakers are working great now!! :clap2: :D

Top Bottom