Entry level SLR, Complete confused!!

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hi,
Canon sx 300 is has the poorest low light performance also the images look grainy even at 200 ISO.Nikon p500 has some battery issues (read somewhere in dpreview.com forums).Panasonic seems to be good.
You can also check Sony HX 1.Although a newer version Sony HX 100v has been anounced but not launched in INDIA.

I agree to what u said:smile:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ok, so go for Canon SX30IS or maybe even Canon S95/Canon G11(I would recommend this one highly if you don't mind less zoom. Its better in low light.)

But again a DSLR performs superbly in low light & moving object.

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi... Thanks a lot all...

Now I am thinking of going for Panasonic FZ45/40... But sad thing is No price difference between India & US.. :-(

I will also get to know discount price of Sony HX100... and may go if I get some good discounts...
Anybody, give me the preference priority of HX100.. in the above list of FZ40, P500 and SX30... .? I am also looking at its reviews....

@Sounava
If camera comes with AA Battery, isn't that a positive thing ? As, we can get its recharge batteries in most of the shops...!!

sujoyp

Grand Master

Now I am thinking of going for Panasonic FZ45/40... But sad thing is No price difference between India & US.. :-(

I will also get to know discount price of Sony HX100... and may go if I get some good discounts...
Anybody, give me the preference priority of HX100.. in the above list of FZ40, P500 and SX30... .? I am also looking at its reviews....

@Sounava
If camera comes with AA Battery, isn't that a positive thing ? As, we can get its recharge batteries in most of the shops...!!

Ok I will also see if sony HX100 its good enough...BTW AA cell is a thing of past...takes 12-15 hrs to recharge...and then it have less life I think...someone please confirm??
Better LI-Ion cells r cool, long life, easy to charge, never leaks...

p!e

Broken In
Hi Ganesh,
One of the positive aspect of the Sony HX100v is that it's quite FAST.
It has burst rate 10 fps at full resolution 16 MP.It also has GPS and Compass Built in.
Other features include Shooting 3D images,High Resolution Panorama Mode,3D Panorama,9 Point Auto Focus,Mode 1080p recording in 16:9 aspect ratio @ 60 fps.
The sad thing is Sony HX 100v has very few reviews on the net.

@ Sujoyp yes the AA batteries surely seem out of date, though Traveling photographers still look for them because the ease of use to carry them.

Sounava

In the zone

@Sounava
About AA: Depends upon you. For me, AA batteries are quite a hassle to carry around. Mind you, normal Eveready or Nippo etc will not work. You need Duracell. Or you will have to buy rechargeable NiMH batteries (this is a much better option).

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Hi...

Yes, I also saw 3D photos in Alpha series.. whats that ?? I googled didnt get useful info...
GPS & compass looks kewl.. but dont know how much we will be using... as it shuld drain our battery....

Thanks Guys... :)

Probably... I hv to place order by tomo... still i am oscillating ..... :-(

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ok let me ask u when r u getting ur Rs.2-3 lac 3D setup for home:p As soon as u get it get a 3D cam too along with it:grin::grin:

@Sounava ...u have selected some excellent low light shooters...I knew about them but they r not at all popular among general public

Sounava

In the zone
^ He he I think G12 will serve his purpose really well! It also has 28-140mm lens which in zoom terms is quite decent too!

p!e

Broken In
My vote for low light goes to
Nikon p7000 for comparatively low price and decent 7x optical zoom.:)
For pics check on flickr.com

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
Ok let me ask u when r u getting ur Rs.2-3 lac 3D setup for home:p As soon as u get it get a 3D cam too along with it:grin::grin:

Lol!! :D

^ He he I think G12 will serve his purpose really well! It also has 28-140mm lens which in zoom terms is quite decent too!

It looks simple for its capability... :O:O
I too was looking its reviews & snaps in flikr.. looks kewl... But its 500$...

My vote for low light goes to
Nikon p7000 for comparatively low price and decent 7x optical zoom.:)
For pics check on flickr.com

Yep.. saw it looks kewl.. but its same segment of G12... i think...

Thanks guyss for recommendations... ;)

My budget has been restricted not more than 400$.. this time.. So no DSLR... No high end compact cameras...

I am also thinkin to get some basic ones.. and get a DSLR by year end... :!::!:

----------------

Hi All....

Ahhhhh... Am I going to Buy camera!!!??!! Am not sure....

Regarding the Bridge/Super zoom camera... I found a thread in dpreview... PLease have a look... Fuji HS10/20 also seems better.....
*The Best Super Zoom(IQ) : My Concluions* [Page 1]: Fujifilm Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

-------------

Guys....

Also pls tell me...

Sony H70 or HX7v ??
Both same price...
First One CCD, later one CMOS...
Each type of sensor has its advantage.. which one between two will you select ?

And one general query, why doesn't companies design point and shoot with big size sensors (like in DSLR)... as I read the size of sensor plays a role in image quality..
May be i sound noob.. but beg excuse.. ;)

----
Back with a question... ;)

I like these snaps with S2500HD, you guys ??
Flickr: The Finepix S2500HD users ONLY Pool

:cool:

sujoyp

Grand Master
look bro more choices more confusion...Fuji HS20 was good but I read everywhere that its pic quality is very poor after ISO 400...where pic quality of P500 is good upto ISO1600...soo Drop HS20

Ok next:smile:

now y do u want a SOny H70 or Hx7V they r not in the league of what we discussed untill now...ok next:grin:

Look I simply say that its the photographer who takes the pic not the cam...soo better get a cam and start taking pics..

ooh u want a small cam with DSLR sensor right :))
*a.img-dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmx100/images/frontpage3a-001.jpg
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Review: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
And its released last month with price tag of $1300

OP
Ganeshkumar

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
look bro more choices more confusion...Fuji HS20 was good but I read everywhere that its pic quality is very poor after ISO 400...where pic quality of P500 is good upto ISO1600...soo Drop HS20

Ok next:smile:

now y do u want a SOny H70 or Hx7V they r not in the league of what we discussed untill now...ok next:grin:

Look I simply say that its the photographer who takes the pic not the cam...soo better get a cam and start taking pics..

ooh u want a small cam with DSLR sensor right :))
And its released last month with price tag of $1300

I am not going for any of the high end cameras... for now... :-(

As Plan B, I am going for some basic point and shoot... probably Sony H70... I will be getting it for 180$...

1300$ :O:O :))
i have to know.. why is that so much price gap... i will google it...

You didnt answer about flickr link of s2500HD... (My be i am trouble you lot.. :D... excuse)

And regarding Fuji HS20... there is contradiction... the thread i gave above... tells... its best for low light... better than... panasonic too...

(this discussion may be useful for others who look into these segments.. atleast... ;-) )

sujoyp

Grand Master
yup i read that thread...and they were discussing that its the best...but if u read reviews in dpreview or some good sites like cnet.com they say it have poor and grainy pic quality but good features

Sorry dont know much about H70 and Hx7v...will see later;-)

Sounava

In the zone
And one general query, why doesn't companies design point and shoot with big size sensors (like in DSLR)... as I read the size of sensor plays a role in image quality..
May be i sound noob.. but beg excuse.. ;)
Sensors of G12, Pana LX5 etc are larger than general point and shoots. P7000 sensor size is same as other point and shoots and smaller than that of G12 etc.

When the sensor size is large, the lenses will have to make a larger image circle to cover the entire sensor. This will make the lenses big(ger) and you will no longer get what is called "superzoom". Ever imagined why you don't get DSLR lenses with such humongous amounts of zoom? Exactly the same reason. For example in the HS20, the lens is just a meagre 4.2mm to 126mm lens. The sensor size is so small that applying the crop factor the lens acts as 24mm to 720mm lens.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Ever imagined why you don't get DSLR lenses with such humongous amounts of zoom? Exactly the same reason. For example in the HS20, the lens is just a meagre 4.2mm to 126mm lens. The sensor size is so small that applying the crop factor the lens acts as 24mm to 720mm lens.

interesting info...thanks:smile:

Top Bottom