entry level guitar

Gamer04

Broken In
hi,

i want to learn playing guitar and currently have no knowledge about these, i am planning to buy a guitar soon but have no idea from where to start. please suggest me which guitar should i go for as i have looked on internet there are many types of guitars available such as acoustic, electric, bass, semi acoustic, steel etc.

my requirement is to ability to play guitar as in this video Vertical Horizon - Everything You Want (Acoustic Cover) - YouTube and it should be able to play guitar tracks like of lucky ali oh sanam, atif aslam jal etc. and i have no idea about budget requirements but i think 5k should be enough. pls let know if any change in budget is required.

any other ques pls ask, and snapdeal.com is selling guitar so i could buy from there if i get a good deal, i dont know anything about which brand to go for etc. so pls suggest and give a reference from snapdeal.com Guitars: Buy Guitars Online - Acoustic, Electric, Bass, Classical Guitars | Snapdeal
so that i'll know which one to go for,

thanks

bikramjitkar

In the zone
From the kind of songs of you mentioned, your favourite genre seems to be acoustic pop (most probably for impressing chicks :p). For that you'll need an acoustic guitar. However, cheap acoustic guitars (under 10k), are usually poorly built and difficult to play for beginners. That guy in the video you posted is playing a Taylor guitar that costs more than 50k. At your budget, I would advise you to visit a local guitar store with someone who knows how to play and let him/her pick out a guitar for you. A guitar is a hand crafted instrument and each one is different from the other even if they have the same model number. So, you might get lucky and find a good one for cheap. Avoid buying online, but if you must then buy from a specialized music store such as BAJAAO.COM - India's largest musical instrument, recording gear, PA equipment superstore.. They will properly check and set up the guitar for you and also pack it securely so that it doesn't get damaged in transit.

OP
G

Gamer04

Broken In
hi bikram, thanks 4 reply, i can increase my budget to 15k if need be but i dont want 2 compromise with the quality, i'll try local stores 2 see what they say about it as those who sell may advise me good, btw what are electro acoustic and electric guitars as shown in bajaao.com? and how do they differ with acoustic ones in terms of sound quality and else? and are you sure acoustic guitar is a good choice for me? or any other one? not to mention as a beginner....

bikramjitkar

In the zone
Acoustic guitars are used when you want the "purest" sound i.e. with no external effects. Electric guitars can be used to produce all kinds of sound effects but need a separate amplifier to be heard. Acoustic electrics are a hybrid i.e. they can be played unplugged as well as through an amplifier.

Basically, the kind of guitar you want depends on the kind of music you want to play. If you want to play soft pop songs or sing and play along at parties etc, get an acoustic or acoustic electric guitar. If you like rock and/or want to play in a band, get an electric guitar.

For further queries, check out these links:

BC-101 • Common beginners questions answered | free guitar lesson from justinguitar.com

BC-102 • What guitar should you buy? | free guitar lesson from justinguitar.com

Last edited:
OP
G

Gamer04

Broken In
thanks dude, i'll buy an acoustic or electro acoustic then locally after a live demo and suggestion from sellers there.
'll increase my budget accordingly, i think i'll get a good one around 10k,
will post my purchase this month end..

edit: your links especially 2nd one is really helpful, thanks again!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom