Entry level gaming laptop with decent battery life in 30k range

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Im afraid Im gonna have to disagree Ive got a Dell Inspiron SE 7520 with an AMD 7730M and it handles everything perfectly none of the issues you said
Dell may overprice but its with good reason, the design etc is better for heat and runs smooth on battery
a notorious issue with Lenovo and Nvidia based laptops is that they struggle to run games and heavy programs on battery ,you can check this out in the y510p thread or just google it

from what ive used, Nvidia gpus have compatibility issues and lack of proper drivers
I have a vaio and a dell
my vaio has an Nvidia gpu,updates etc are hell after the next gen comes out
im using Leshcat drivers on my dell with an AMD gpu and it can run Skyrim on high at 45fps and doesnt cross 70c

the only place where ive seen performance take a toss is when playing watch dogs because evil corp - Nvidia owns the engine used to make the game and decided AMDs should run it slow
every other game runs perfectly on AMD
dont generalise please

- - - Updated - - -

well amd vs nvidia apart, nothing wrong with AMD gpus at all but the best in that range is Z50,Z510P
thats my unbiased opinion!

- - - Updated - - -

Also DDR3 Gpus arent crap at all,ive never seen mine even stutter or lag at all
it can output skyrim on high to my 1080P Sony LED and doesnt even hiccup
if you have the budget,GDDR5 is a no brainer but that doesnt mean DDR3 is crap at all,it runs fine unless you want to play in 4K res
++++++++++++++++.....................11111111111111111.............................------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>,a true respected Geek with exact unbiased logical and facts based explanation.
Again my Honourable Friend,Thanks to you,Friend.:doublethumb::clap2::number1:

I admit and reiterate,that though I haven't purchased any LENOVO laptops,I shall never deem them to be crap or very special regarding vfm!!!
In fact owning a DELL laptop does not make me a super human geek or otherwise. I never think of that.

Respective people if satisfied with their respective/corresponding laptops,why bother and who bothers???

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo Z50-70 (59-429602) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i7- 8GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1- 4GB Graphics) (Silver) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

how about the above laptop, snapdeal is running a discount of 5k so it will cost 54k after discount.
If you think of buying it,go ahead with eyes closed.:thumbs::clap2:

Just ensure and follow up/check before buying the laptop, to see that whether LENOVO provides warranty and after sales services to customers,those who buy from Snapdeal.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
840M DDR3 starts to stutter if you want to play recent games at anything above 768p med-high settings. It'll play a slideshow if you want to play them at 1080p ultra settings. Skyrim is a 2011 game, even R5 M230 in the sub 30k laptops can play it at the 720p low-med settings.

Gaming on battery is never recommended at it shortens the battery life and games on nVidia GPU's will lag on battery because of Optimus which was designed specifically to reduce power consumption. Its not an issue. :facepalm:

My dad has a Dell n5110 and I regret that we purchased it. I was a noob back then :|
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION], you remember the overheating issue I posted about the same laptop. As it happens, the screws are unmovable. :mad:
I've tried using screwdriver from 3 different sets. Doesn't helps at all. The vents are placed at the bottom which forces a non-techie user to buy a useless cooling pad.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
840M DDR3 starts to stutter if you want to play recent games at anything above 768p med-high settings. It'll play a slideshow if you want to play them at 1080p ultra settings. Skyrim is a 2011 game, even R5 M230 in the sub 30k laptops can play it at the 720p low-med settings.

Gaming on battery is never recommended at it shortens the battery life and games on nVidia GPU's will lag on battery because of Optimus which was designed specifically to reduce power consumption. Its not an issue. :facepalm:

My dad has a Dell n5110 and I regret that we purchased it. I was a noob back then :|
[MENTION=184724]kkn13[/MENTION], you remember the overheating issue I posted about the same laptop. As it happens, the screws are unmovable. :mad:
I've tried using screwdriver from 3 different sets. Doesn't helps at all. The vents are placed at the bottom which forces a non-techie user to buy a useless cooling pad.

bro I know what you are feeling,but what i meant about the battery thing is that it doesnt run stuff properly on battery, AMD Enduro was very poor in the past but with the latest AMD official and Leshcat drivers,none of the Enduro or Optimus problems occur
It is certainly an issue if the laptop struggles with Youtube 1080P videos on battery given that a laptop is meant to be portable
realistically speaking even I know laptop battery life is always poor,regardless of laptop and will rarely cross 3-4 hours but what if I need to show my parents something or if i have to use it at work or college where everyone literally dominates over the limited power sockets

skyrim may be a 2011 game but its a benchmark of sorts to evaluate a laptops performance
its engine etc is still very very advanced and heavy

as for 840M DDR3,R5 M230 ,I cannot comment much on them because Ive not seen/used/owned a laptop with those gpus
all i know is what ive seen in my laptops or my friends' laptops
and i know for sure, the Nvidia vs AMD arguement is kinda invalid
its quite natural to end up with a poor product and feel the other brands are better but thats not always true
Both AMD and Nvidia are good at what they do and in each price range/category one is better than the other but you cant say Nvidia is better than AMD or vice versa
also going by 2 poor DDR3 cards doesnt mean all DDR3 gpus have the same issues
thats like saying all marutis are small and underpowered by using a Maruti 800 :p

about your N5010 issue,I suggest trying to get those screwdrivers loosened out locally once and for all and also insist on being there to witness him removing it etc
after that you may get it screwed back on looser than before so as to open it easily , yourself in the future
Dell is a good brand , dont worry
If you feel it really overheats alot,change heatsink etc,it only costs 750 bucks in reputed local service centres(not official,other companies)

another option is blowing air using a can of air into the vents
this wont solve the problem in the long run imho as the dust etc may fly onto your other components

hope you havent taken offense to my comments :)
im just stating my views as I have laptops with AMD and Nvidia both.....

- - - Updated - - -

Lenovo Z50-70 (59-429602) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i7- 8GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1- 4GB Graphics) (Silver) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

how about the above laptop, snapdeal is running a discount of 5k so it will cost 54k after discount.

good price and laptop config
but snapdeal is quite risky for such purchases
rather spend more and get from flipkart or amazon
Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Rs.59485 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Z50-70 Notebook (4th Gen Ci7/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 4GB Graph) (59-429602) Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com

$hadow

Geek in making
[MENTION=112686]kartikoli[/MENTION]1 I won't risk it buying from snapdeal. Better buy it from fk or amazon.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Sorry for the late reply, Amazon doesn't ship anything above 6k to Lucknow (or UP) even for prepaid customers and there is no seller shipping to lko on FK either so checked local market and they gave me an offer of 60k. Its really annoying that I have to purchase an expensive model as recommended lappies are not available locally (DOS models).

Amazon is useless and most of the sellers in FK dont ship to my pin code. so I have only snapdeal/ebay as an option.
My brother is visiting Delhi tomorrow for a week but he has zero knowledge of hardware so I am bit confused to ask him visit nehru place and buy locally. Is there any recommended shop where he can visit and purchase.

Another query- I saw a lenovo model with 5gen i5 and HD5500/820m graphics for 45k locally (Its launched just yesterday and not available online) is it comparable to 7650m in anyways

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
820M is a low end card. Crap for gaming. Don't get anything below a 840M.
7650M is comparable to 820M. They have almost same framerates.

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
Sorry for the late reply, Amazon doesn't ship anything above 6k to Lucknow (or UP) even for prepaid customers and there is no seller shipping to lko on FK either so checked local market and they gave me an offer of 60k. Its really annoying that I have to purchase an expensive model as recommended lappies are not available locally (DOS models).

Amazon is useless and most of the sellers in FK dont ship to my pin code. so I have only snapdeal/ebay as an option.
My brother is visiting Delhi tomorrow for a week but he has zero knowledge of hardware so I am bit confused to ask him visit nehru place and buy locally. Is there any recommended shop where he can visit and purchase.

Another query- I saw a lenovo model with 5gen i5 and HD5500/820m graphics for 45k locally (Its launched just yesterday and not available online) is it comparable to 7650m in anyways

ask him to give the shopkeeper the phone and then tell the shopkeeper the model you want

$hadow

Geek in making
For a 45k budget you can get a great desktop experience if you are looking to spend this much.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
For a 45k budget you can get a great desktop experience if you are looking to spend this much.

He has a desktop already and looking to buy a laptop.

@OP, better upgrade your desktop or buy a PS3 12 GB and add a 1 TB 2.5" internal HDD to it for gaming.

$hadow

Geek in making
He has a desktop already and looking to buy a laptop.

@OP, better upgrade your desktop or buy a PS3 12 GB and add a 1 TB 2.5" internal HDD to it for gaming.

Oops didn't see that. But yeah OP should upgrade the desktop and buy a windows tab for a lower price.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Thanks for the suggestion but would you suggest to upgrade my existing desktop
Fx-8120
9tb hard disk
Sapphire 280x (I might go for 380x or 970)
8gb RAM
Etc....
I can/will play high end games on desktop but for work purpose I need a laptop also if laptop have somewhat exceptable graphics then we both can play co-op through lan.
I am good if it plays recent game on low settings, there are good models at 45k (i5-840m) but I am forced to purchase expensive models for 50k+

$hadow

Geek in making
Fx-8120
9tb hard disk
8gb RAM
Etc....
I can/will play high end games on desktop but for work purpose I need a laptop also if laptop have somewhat exceptable graphics then we both can play co-op through lan.
I am good if it plays recent game on low settings, there are good models at 45k (i5-840m) but I am forced to purchase expensive models for 50k+

I would suggest you to start a new thread in the upgrade forum.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Fx-8120
9tb hard disk
8gb RAM
Etc....

Your config will do ok for another 1.5-2 years atleast. No point in upgrading.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
I think we are diverting from original conversation, upgrading desktop is not the point here. I just need a laptop.

My brother is in Delhi now and once he reached Nehru place I will update here the outcome else will buy from local dealer. Till then if there is any suggestion its more than welcome. Its always good to have more choices

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I think we are diverting from original conversation, upgrading desktop is not the point here. I just need a laptop.

My brother is in Delhi now and once he reached Nehru place I will update here the outcome else will buy from local dealer. Till then if there is any suggestion its more than welcome. Its always good to have more choices

Then get the cheapest laptop with 840M.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Lots of models has been already mentioned in this thread just look for demos and select whichever you like best.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Here is an update from previous days
Brother went to Nehru place and was offered an Acer laptop (model not confirmed) i5 4th gen, 1tb, 4gb RAM, W 8.1, 2gb 840m, 3yr warranty with 6 cell battery. This laptop looks really good for 43.5k with extended warranty and better battery life.
The moment I was going to ask my brother for purchase saw a listing on ebay Lenovo Ideapad Z50 70 59 429623 CI5 4RTH 4210U 4GB 1 TB 15 6"FHD 2GB GFX DOS | eBay
contacted seller to confirm if it has N15S (840m) on whatsapp and he confirmed, Now I had 2 choices to go for stylish looking Lenovo or an ordinary looking but better battery life Acer. Made a bad decision and placed an order for stylish Lenovo at 42k after discount.

Now when I received the product in hand found out that this is 820m and immediately contacted seller but he hasen't responded to my messages (as expected). opened a case with ebay and waiting since then for seller resolution.

I have installed W7 and will remove it before sending it back to the seller. Is there anything I need to be careful so that I get hassle free return? Also, I am not sure who will bear return courier charges as it will be close to 1.5~2k with good courier

$hadow

Geek in making
Here is an update from previous days
Brother went to Nehru place and was offered an Acer laptop (model not confirmed) i5 4th gen, 1tb, 4gb RAM, W 8.1, 2gb 840m, 3yr warranty with 6 cell battery. This laptop looks really good for 43.5k with extended warranty and better battery life.
The moment I was going to ask my brother for purchase saw a listing on ebay Lenovo Ideapad Z50 70 59 429623 CI5 4RTH 4210U 4GB 1 TB 15 6"FHD 2GB GFX DOS | eBay
contacted seller to confirm if it has N15S (840m) on whatsapp and he confirmed, Now I had 2 choices to go for stylish looking Lenovo or an ordinary looking but better battery life Acer. Made a bad decision and placed an order for stylish Lenovo at 42k after discount.

Now when I received the product in hand found out that this is 820m and immediately contacted seller but he hasen't responded to my messages (as expected). opened a case with ebay and waiting since then for seller resolution.

I have installed W7 and will remove it before sending it back to the seller. Is there anything I need to be careful so that I get hassle free return? Also, I am not sure who will bear return courier charges as it will be close to 1.5~2k with good courier

cheap deals are not always the best deals. Now you might have to pay for the courier if the seller didn't go for free return.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Update

I got a call from ebay and had a conference call with a seller, He knows the facts but twisting it saying that he mentioned N15S-GT in his listing to this I had to make him understand that N15S is actually 840m where as N15V is 820m (obviously he is playing with words)
I have provided him screenshot of device manager which shows 820m so is there a way that I can show him that the laptop comes with N15V (he is saying that he didn't mentioned 820m or 840m in his listing so he cant be blamed for that)
Lenovo Ideapad Z50 70 59 429623 CI5 4RTH 4210U 4GB 1 TB 15 6"FHD 2GB GFX DOS | eBay

Top Bottom