Entry level gaming laptop with decent battery life in 30k range

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Update

I got a call from ebay and had a conference call with a seller, He knows the facts but twisting it saying that he mentioned N15S-GT in his listing to this I had to make him understand that N15S is actually 840m where as N15V is 820m (obviously he is playing with words)
I have provided him screenshot of device manager which shows 820m so is there a way that I can show him that the laptop comes with N15V (he is saying that he didn't mentioned 820m or 840m in his listing so he cant be blamed for that)
Lenovo Ideapad Z50 70 59 429623 CI5 4RTH 4210U 4GB 1 TB 15 6"FHD 2GB GFX DOS | eBay

Why did you buy from ebay in the first place? :|
And since he didn't mentioned it clearly, initiate a return.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
No seller on FK was shipping to Lucknow and I didn't wanted to risk with Snapdeal :|

Ebay was the last choice :cry:

Did you try amazon or thedostore or even local shops?

Create a refund/return claim citing product not as specified. Attach the screen shot of Device manager and Nvidia's 820M link which says its N15V-GM. (notebookcheck's link should also do. *www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-820M.108477.0.html )

Last edited:
OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Did you try amazon or thedostore or even local shops?

Create a refund/return claim citing product not as specified. Attach the screen shot of Device manager and Nvidia's 820M link which says its N15V-GM. (notebookcheck's link should also do. *www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-820M.108477.0.html )
Already did 15 days back and this was an update to that conversation and Yes amazon dont ship product more than 5k to U.P. :(

$hadow

Geek in making
Already did 15 days back and this was an update to that conversation and Yes amazon dont ship product more than 5k to U.P. :(

And this sucks. I have many times requested them to rethink on this policy but the response is still NO.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
[MENTION=112686]kartikoli[/MENTION]
Could you please update us on the issue?

Sorry was terribly busy with my job also there was no development and I was waiting for Ebay to notify me so finally this is what happend

- I made a purchase and found that laptop comes with 820m, Imidiately raised a claim on ebay
- 10+ days gone and I got a call from ebay and had a conference call with the seller who tried to twist the statement saying that listing mentions N15S-GT where as the screenshot I have provided shows 820m
- ebay asked me to provide a screenshot again
- This is where I got a chance and sent a very simple email mentioning that N15-S is 840M - link .... and 820M is N15V - link....
- That email worked :) as it was simple and shows the details and seller now can't defend himself
- Finally after 18 days I have shipped the laptop back to the seller (cost me 2360rs :( )
- replied to ebay with details of shipping
- lets see what does the seller says now as I am only worried that he can say that the laptop was mishandled and is not working now OR is damaged (Finger crossed)

Ebay will refund also shipping charges will be given in form of coupon, I hope to get a reply in a day or two.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Final update -
Packaged delivered safely to the seller and I got my refund. Without wasting a minute went to local market and purchased dell laptop with 840m (touch), I couldn't find a single model with i5 and 840m except lenovo which I know heats up a lot as build quality and design are same for all z50-70 models also battery life is very bad. Dell has much better battery life and good design so not much of heating issues either. Purchased for 47.5k + 2yr accidental warranty which cost me 7k after discount so a total of 54.5k total.
Ebay didn't gave me a coupon for courir charge so chatted with them and finally got a user specific coupon of 2350rs

I know I have paid more for the specs but I was so pissed off that I wanted to finish this matter and move on.

Finally thanks everyone for your time and advice's :)

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
[MENTION=304113]Blue Leaf[/MENTION] Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.47900 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
[MENTION=304113]Blue Leaf[/MENTION] Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Rs.47900 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 3542 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph/ Touch) (3542541TB2BT) Black Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

not bad,pretty ok
ulv cpu is a minus but overall seems good enough

Top Bottom