Entry level gaming laptop with decent battery life in 30k range

kartikoli

Busy!!
Hi I am looking for entry level gaming laptop as my Sony SVE1513BYN (Link)with HD 7650M is having some trouble and I am in need to replace it ASAP.

The laptop is used mainly for office purpose with google spreadhseet been used most of the time along with youtube but I would be using it for games as well (GTA 4, mafia 2 etc... May be GTA 5 if it can run)

Battery life is quite important so and would be preferred. I have checked the other thread and most of the suggestions were in favor of 840M so please suggest accordingly.

I have a desktop with 280x so I can always use it for high end games and can settle for low/medium settings for a laptop.

3yr warranty would be really awesome so please suggest in 30k range (I can increase my budget if its worth it).

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Forget gaming laptop in 30k, even 60k laptops aren't good enough for gaming.

Best you can get are entry level laptops like Lenovo G50-45 with R5 M230 which can't run games on anything above 768p, low-med settings.

Laptops with 840M start at 40k+ range.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Asus X550LDV-XX623D
Dell Vostro 3546

Both comes with Nvidia 820M GPU You will not find 840M within 30k.

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Thanks a lot for suggestions but looks like this lenovo laptop is inferior to my existing Sony laptop (gaming).
If I increase my budget to 40k then do I have any good choice?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Can you post the link. I am on mobile
Also if there are any recommendations for 830M laptops

Lenovo Others - No OS/Others Laptop Rs.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Others - No OS/Others Laptop Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Anything below 840M is crap for recent and future games

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Lenovo Others - No OS/Others Laptop Rs.0 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Others - No OS/Others Laptop Black Online - Lenovo : Flipkart.com
Anything below 840M is crap for recent and future games

Tried to find this model but looks like Its not available online

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Dell Inspiron 5547 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5547581TB2S) Rs.51900 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 5547 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5547581TB2S) SIlver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Got a quote from local store - 49.5k

It comes with R7 265, Is it worth?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Dell Inspiron 5547 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5547581TB2S) Rs.51900 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 5547 Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 8GB/ 1TB/ Win8.1/ 2GB Graph) (5547581TB2S) SIlver Online - Dell : Flipkart.com

Got a quote from local store - 49.5k

It comes with R7 M265, Is it worth?

Nope, that GPU is crap. 840M is way better than it.
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R7-M265.109394.0.html

can't play these at least
Civilization: Beyond Earth
Thief
Assassin´s Creed IV
Need for Speed: Rivals
Saints Row IV
Company of Heroes 2
Metro: Last Light
Crysis 3
Hitman: Absolution
Max Payne 3

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!

Thief
Assassin´s Creed IV
Saints Row IV
Company of Heroes 2
Crysis 3
Max Payne 3

So is there any recomendation for 840M as now I have increased my budget to 50k

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA

Thief
Assassin´s Creed IV
Saints Row IV
Company of Heroes 2
Crysis 3
Max Payne 3
That site also lists any other AMD mobile GPU's as craps.
At least one should not buy merely by claiming a site's authenticity.

Nvidia 840GPU(mobile) and AMD R7 265M benchmark tests come very close to each other. It is very laughable to say that by few extra points a 840GPU is superior to AMD's R7 265M GPU. The most important and stunning aspect about your explanation is that you seemed to be very biased in favour of LENOVO and NVIDIA. As equally your biasedness goes against DELL and AMD GPU's or AMD as a whole.
Brother please don't get deviated from logical true facts,which might not be reflected in some biased tech site as notebookcheck.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
That site also lists any other AMD mobile GPU's as craps.
At least one should not buy merely by claiming a site's authenticity.

Nvidia 840GPU(mobile) and AMD R7 265M benchmark tests come very close to each other. It is very laughable to say that by few extra points a 840GPU is superior to AMD's R7 265M GPU. The most important and stunning aspect about your explanation is that you seemed to be very biased in favour of LENOVO and NVIDIA. As equally your biasedness goes against DELL and AMD GPU's or AMD as a whole.
Brother please don't get deviated from logical true facts,which might not be reflected in some biased tech site as notebookcheck.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not referring to benchmarks, I never depend on benchmarks. Look at the framerates. Those 10 games I mentioned will not run on the R7 M265 while 840M will be able to run them with the same settings and resolution. R7 M265 can't even perform at 830M levels, why should anybody prefer that over 840M and that too for a 50k laptop? You should've checked all the facts clearly before pointing your finger at me.

But for gaming, every other DDR3 gpu is crap, be it from nVidia or AMD. If you can find a laptop with R9 M265X from ANY OEM in India under 50k, I'd gladly recommend it.
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R9-M265X.114535.0.html

That being said, if an OEM keeps overpricing their products ridiculously, I'll be biased against it. That Dell laptop isn't worth anything over 40k.

AMD GPUs aren't bad, the manufacturers are reluctant to use them in laptops. Then there's the various driver issues which were reported in the past concerning switchable graphics not working on laptops with AMD gpu's.

Last edited:

kkn13

Cyber Genius FTW
I'm not referring to benchmarks, I never depend on benchmarks. Look at the framerates. Those 10 games I mentioned will not run on the R7 M265 while 840M will be able to run them with the same settings and resolution. R7 M265 can't even perform at 830M levels, why should anybody prefer that over 840M and that too for a 50k laptop? You should've checked all the facts clearly before pointing your finger at me.

But for gaming, every other DDR3 gpu is crap, be it from nVidia or AMD. If you can find a laptop with R9 M265X from ANY OEM in India under 50k, I'd gladly recommend it.
*www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-Radeon-R9-M265X.114535.0.html

That being said, if an OEM keeps overpricing their products ridiculously, I'll be biased against it. That Dell laptop isn't worth anything over 40k.

AMD GPUs aren't bad, the manufacturers are reluctant to use them in laptops. Then there's the various driver issues which were reported in the past concerning switchable graphics not working on laptops with AMD gpu's.

Im afraid Im gonna have to disagree Ive got a Dell Inspiron SE 7520 with an AMD 7730M and it handles everything perfectly none of the issues you said
Dell may overprice but its with good reason, the design etc is better for heat and runs smooth on battery
a notorious issue with Lenovo and Nvidia based laptops is that they struggle to run games and heavy programs on battery ,you can check this out in the y510p thread or just google it

from what ive used, Nvidia gpus have compatibility issues and lack of proper drivers
I have a vaio and a dell
my vaio has an Nvidia gpu,updates etc are hell after the next gen comes out
im using Leshcat drivers on my dell with an AMD gpu and it can run Skyrim on high at 45fps and doesnt cross 70c

the only place where ive seen performance take a toss is when playing watch dogs because evil corp - Nvidia owns the engine used to make the game and decided AMDs should run it slow
every other game runs perfectly on AMD
dont generalise please

- - - Updated - - -

well amd vs nvidia apart, nothing wrong with AMD gpus at all but the best in that range is Z50,Z510P
thats my unbiased opinion!

- - - Updated - - -

Also DDR3 Gpus arent crap at all,ive never seen mine even stutter or lag at all
it can output skyrim on high to my 1080P Sony LED and doesnt even hiccup
if you have the budget,GDDR5 is a no brainer but that doesnt mean DDR3 is crap at all,it runs fine unless you want to play in 4K res

OP
kartikoli

kartikoli

Busy!!
Lenovo Z50-70 (59-429602) Laptop (4th Gen Intel Core i7- 8GB RAM- 1TB HDD- 39.62cm (15.6)- Windows 8.1- 4GB Graphics) (Silver) - Buy Laptops Online @ Best Price on Snapdeal.com

how about the above laptop, snapdeal is running a discount of 5k so it will cost 54k after discount.

Top Bottom