MSI 890 GXM - G65
GIGABYTE GA-890 GPA-UD3H
BIOSTAR TA790 GXE 12O M
Is anyofthem under his budget.

OP
J

jking

Broken In
they cost around 6.5k and above..moreover he has to look out for network card and bluetooth also.

Still no config by anyone on intel. :???:

If i take phenom ii x4, will it be fine. What is main difference between athlon ii x4 and phenom ii x4 ? Apart from L3 cache missing in Athlon II X4, is there any other difference?

rajan1311

Padawan
ahh that nice buddy, so toslink should be more than sufficient for you. As for the intel rig,i am stuck in lazy mode,so please bare with me, have a look at this thread,pretty old,but you should get an idea : Intel gaming rigs

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Still no config by anyone on intel. :???:

If i take phenom ii x4, will it be fine. What is main difference between athlon ii x4 and phenom ii x4 ? Apart from L3 cache missing in Athlon II X4, is there any other difference?

as i mentioned for your purpose amd will be better. also with amd you are getting a well balanced config within your budget.

BTW how much the intel mobo you mentioned cost?

about difference check - The Differences Between Athlon II and Phenom II Explained

there are cases when unlocking of l3 on athlon II was possible. but that was a deneb core. the athlon II based on propus core have no l3 present physically on the die and disabled.

Last edited:
OP
J

jking

Broken In
Edit- its WITHOUT in my last post!

Got it....

One more doubt, in the Graphic Card recommended by you, will I be able to connect projector and monitor simultaneously with DVI and HDMI port and get the output simultaneously.

In mobo though DVI and HDMI ports are there it is clearly mentioned that video cannot be transmitted simultaneously through DVI and HDMI.

Confirm me about the Graphic Card.

Last edited:
OP
J

jking

Broken In
I have finalised the PC config and will get it delivered by monday evening. The config is

AMD Phenom II X4 945
ASUS M4A88TD-V-EVO-USB3
Samsung DVD-RW
Corsair 2x2GB DDR3 1333MHz
Coolermaster CM Elite360
Coolermaster 400W SMPS
WD Caviar Green 1TB
Internal Card Reader
Dlink DWA525 Wlan Card
Logitech MK250

Thanks for all suggestions and valid inputs friends. Thanks to jaskanwar singh and rajan1311 specifically

OP
J

jking

Broken In
I have ordered it. But I can still change the PSU. Do you suggest FSP Saga II. I chose coolermaster for quiet performance. Correct me if I am wrong

OP
J

jking

Broken In
Is 500W necessary. 400 or 450W wont do for my config? I will check for the availability of FSP Saga II and add it to my config.

Top Bottom