Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Feedback for the Enter section.

Feedback for the Connections section, which contains the following stories:

Mobile watch

Alternative Browsers
Browser options other than Big 4. We’ve taken a look at all the browsers out there and have found out some interesting browsers that will catch your fancy

28 Web 2.0 beneath the surface

Feedback on this month's cover story, Digit's Web Awards

Feedback on the Digital Life section, with Drool Maal and the Machinima article.

Feedback for the Sci-Tech section, with the following articles:

Tomorrow’s Tech
How face recognition technologies work, and where they can be implemented

How Stuff Works
Browser engines - how they handle HTML and JavaScript, how WebKit is different from Gecko, Presto and trident and browser engines of the future

Feedback for the Tried and Tested section, which has Bazaar, along with the Netbooks and CPU tests.

Feedback for the toolbox section, which has these articles:

Workshop
Optimizing GNOME for your netbooks

Workshop
Bblean – set up and configure a lightweight alternative to the windows shell

DIY
A step-by-step pictorial guide to crimping LAN cables.

Tips and Tricks
Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari, Atlantis Nova and Moblin, with a 30 minute expert on DVDFlick

Q&A

Workshop
Transport your registry entries from a Windows system to a Linux machine

Feedback for the StreetSmart section, which has Agent 001 giving advise on power solutions, and Price Watch.

Feedback to the Escape section of this month's magazine. This includes Unwind, Community, with Game reviews of Wolfenstein and Ashes 2009.

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Re: Tried and Tested feedback 09 2009

Why have you not considered the Phenom II X4 940 and instead taken the 945?
The only shortcoming of the 940 is that it is AM2+ and not AM3.

The 945 is Expensive, not at all VFM! In fact, acc to the market price provided in the mag, i would rather pay the extra Rs. 500 odd and get the 955BE.

The 940 meanwhile is priced at around 10k and competes with Q9450! Not considering it I feel, was not a good decision.

One more Question : In the compare box, why is there no section for TDP? That would have been nice.

Technocratamit

Broken In

Why lenovo netbooks were not considered ? Another thing was the lack of focus on SSD options for harddisk which were not considered ? :???:

Last edited:

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus

Why have you not considered the Phenom II X4 940 and instead taken the 945?
The only shortcoming of the 940 is that it is AM2+ and not AM3.

The 945 is Expensive, not at all VFM! In fact, acc to the market price provided in the mag, i would rather pay the extra Rs. 500 odd and get the 955BE.

The 940 meanwhile is priced at around 10k and competes with Q9450! Not considering it I feel, was not a good decision.

One more Question : In the compare box, why is there no section for TDP? That would have been nice.

The X4 940 was marked as an EOL product by AMD. If a vendor tells you not to carry a CPU, you listen to them; so its not a decision that was made by us.

TDP is not as important as people consider it to be; and the term has been overhyped and abused by vendors taking advantage of the non-discerning masses. I hope you do know that it is actually a specification of the maximum thermal threshold of a product and not really indicative of how much heat that particular product produces. So a Core i7 975 with a TDP of 130W doesn't have to run hotter than a Phenom II with a TDP of 95W. As a unit measure of power draw its pretty useless too. It was never intended as a figure for the public, but is a design spec mostly intended for manufacturer's drawing boards. I intentionally removed it, and was waiting for this question.

Last edited by a moderator:

Krow

Crowman

Okay agreed. EOL or not, the CPU is pretty nice. Posted by Lucifer, edited by Anorion... Hehe, thanks for the replies both of you. Btw... Mag looks awesome this time. The coverpage is well designed. More on later as I dont have much time now to read the mag in detail.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin

^It's all Lucifer there... I don't know nearly enough about CPUs. My edits usually consist of sliding in a stray period or something. Get back to us after reading the magazine though.

Krow

Crowman

Sure. I'll definitely do that. I took one of your Icons of trust surveys. The survey is pretty intensive, but it is a bit too long. Could you do something about that?

Lucifer

Reviewerus Prolificus

Why lenovo netbooks were not considered ? Another thing was the lack of focus on SSD options for harddisk which were not considered ? :???:

About Lenovo, they chose not to send products, something about a product line refresh.
About SSD these are value options; an SSD would cost more than the notebook itself. Personally, I feel SSDs are rubbish ATM, but that's just me.

Krow

Crowman

Dint know where to post so posting here.

Read through the first 26 pages of the mag thoroughly and gotta say.. Great start to the mag. I like the layouts used in the mag. A few typos are present here and there, most notably in Industry Connect, the Windows 7 story, bylines are given to Sid and Rohan, while email ID is provided for Kumar and Rohan. :( Other than that, no download size has been mentioned for Epiphany Browser. Overall, I liked the content till here and will definitely read on and post my comments. Good Job! :)

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Re: Connections 09 2009 Feedback

^^^Anorion is asking for feedback on Connection section of DIGIT Mag - September issue.....!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom