1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')

Ans: Purpose is buliding "solaris"........basically i would play every game there is mainly bf3 crysis dirt3 arma 3 fifa farcry also i would be using this rig for softwares like catia, autocad,photoshop,coreldraw,autodesk maya.....designing softwares that i may come up in the future also will be using this as a platform to record my guitar stuffs and mixing them using softwares like audacity reaper pro tools guitar rig and amp emultion softwares(ex-guitar fx)....

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:55k (can extend 5k more)....

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:will overclock a lot but in time

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:windows 7 64bit might try hackintosh

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:1tb

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:21.5 for now but in the near future would be looking into multiple monitors.....would 21.5 be a good choice in that regard?

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: speakers

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: in 3-4 days

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:assembler ....whats the difference ?? :/

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I will be buying from md computers kolkata actually i have made an advance of 36k to them

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: i am confused between fx8150 vs i52500k ........also there are some applications that require an i7 chip...amd says fx 8150 is more than i7 (thats how i got the impression) is it my mistake??

i am looking for a good gpu with which i can crossfire/sli and later quad cs/sli....for now i can compromise on the mobo i would be investing another 20-25k in 3-4 months...then again the same in 3-4 months and will keep on updating...so far i have chosen the SAPPHIRE GRAPHIC CARD HD 7950 VAPOR-X OC WITH BOOST......is it a good option or should i go with nvidia or some other variant of amd........also i would be using multi monitors very soon........for now i need the base of the rig.....from which i would build my empire..........i have no problems if it is amd based or intel based....

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Intel Core i5 3570K - Rs 13000
Gigabyte GA-H77M-D3H - Rs 5500
Gskill Ripjaws 4GB - Rs 1600
GPU - GIGABYTE GV-N66TWF2-2GD (GTX 660Ti) - Rs 19300
HDD - Seagate 1TB - Rs 4300
SMPS - Corsair CX500V2 - Rs 3450
Cabinet - NZXT Beta EVO - Rs 2600
OPD - Samsung SH-S 223F - Rs 975
Monitor - AOC LED 22" (I-2251FWE) IPS panel (1920x1080 LED) - Rs 8200 ( The very best at this price)

Add a custom cooler and better motherboard (something like ASUS Maximus V GENE Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com) in next investment

note: do not overclock now . do so after getting custom cooler.

About GPU performance, 7950 and 660ti perform almost equally so you dont need to worry.

Cilus

laborare est orare
draco21, you need to read a bit about the pairing of Intel CPU and Motherboard combination. You can't overclock with a H77 motherboard. Also all the Nvidia 600 series cards are more focused on gaming performance, they have very poor compute performance which is required for the stuffs OP has mentioned.
Godoftheforbiddenlight, please ignore the above config, it has some wrong combination.

Here is my suggestion:-

AMD FX-8350 (8 Core, 4GHz, unlocked Multiplier, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache) @ 12.5K
Asus M5A97 Motherboard @ 6.6K
Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB X 1 1600 MHz DDR3 @ 3.2K
Seagate BARRACUDA ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM HDD (Sata 6 Gbps, 64MB Cache) @5.9K
NZXT Source 210 Elite Cabinet @ 2.6K (Theitwares.com)
Corsair CX600 V2 PSU @ 4K
Sapphire HD 7870 2GB GDDR5 @ 16.7K
Logitech MK200 Keyboard & Mouse Combination @ 0.5K
Asus Black 24X DVD R/W @ 1K
AOC LED 22" (I-2251FWE) IPS panel (1920x1080 LED) @ 8.2K
APC 1.1 KVA UPS @ 4.7K

Total: 64.9K, a bit over your budget.

But as you're buying from Kolkata, for most of the components like CPU, Motherboard, SMPS, HDD etc,expect a lower price and everything might come within your budget. Check Vedant Computer in Ganesh Chandra Avenue as they are offering the best prices. They're well aware of our forum and you should mention it for getting a better deal. Regarding Graphics card, I have suggested you a card based on AMD's latest architecture, known as GCN (Graphics Core Next) which offers very superior performance in compute performance apart from great gaming performance. As a result, applications which support GPU acceleration, like Photoshop filters (couple of 'em), Maya, catia, will perform reasonably faster with GCN GPU.

Cilus

laborare est orare
May I know why? The Seagate HDD I have suggested, comes with 7200.14 Firmwire which is very stable and offers 2 years of warranty as the WD Blue and Green model.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
home pickup for WD..seagate means u gotta waste around 3 hours for the whole process..
apart from that..its all the same inside :p

draco21

you cant overclock with V GENE??

Why??I may be wrong....But please tell me..

Also i suggested a cheap mobo for now as he plans to have an upgrade later....(Of course no overclocking in this one)
Go WD black end of story....

draco21

Hmm maybe you are right

ASUS P8H61-M LX Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com

Maybe something like this would save your money...
Then you can go with 7950HD which would be better than 660ti or 7870HD.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
The VRMs are a big problem of the P8H61 for a processor like an i5 3570K. H61 is good for the likes of G645 and i3 2120 (lower TDP processors) at the most.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hmm maybe you are right

ASUS P8H61-M LX Motherboard - ASUS: Flipkart.com

Maybe something like this would save your money...
Then you can go with 7950HD which would be better than 660ti or 7870HD.

Thread jacking...

On topic: H61 motherboard is bad chocie for 3570K.

Dont you think it can hold one for 4-5 months??

He plans to upgrade anyways.....

Sadly, PC components doesn't work in that way.
Please refrain from giving this kind of suggestions.

i would like to know the following-

1) processor....intel or amd(considering i will play games 55% of the time and work 45% of the time).....if intel then is i5 2500k better than i5 3570k ( 32nm and 22 nm ) if amd then is it a good option buying an fx 8150 with liquid cooling(package) or buying n fx 8350 and buying a cooler seperately............i would run my system 16-20 hours a day

2) as i mentioned earlier for my work i need to buy the machine now and i have around 60k now max i can arrange a 5k more....but i will have enough money to spend on this systm every 3-4 months

3)no one mentioned anything about the multi monitor thing....is a 21.5 good enough for the multi display setup or a gpu capable enough for that...

4)also will a cheap motherboard bottleneck the gpu or the cpu or anything

5)kingston hyperx blu is not available here in kolkata....have to order it through flipkart...is it that neccesary or should i go with gskills ripjaw or sniper or corsair dominator

things i missed in my initial enquiry.....i though of spending the 60-65 i have now mainly in the gpu section the rest i thought of compromising....in 3-4 months after this purchase i was thinking of getting a decent motherboard and after that the multiple monitor setup and the grooming part of the beast.....is it a good idea or something else would be appreciated

Cilus

laborare est orare
For Processor, get FX-8350 and no to FX-8150. FX-8150 withy liquid cooling Kit comes around 18K and on that budget you can easily get a FX-8350 (12.5K) + Corsair H60 water cooler. FX-8350 is every way better than FX-8150, better thermal and lower power consumption, better IPC (instructions per clock Cycle) performance, more number of advanced instruction set support are only couple of 'em.

I think you shuld go yhe local computer market and verify the prices of the components I have suggested. There is a high chance that you'll get everything around 62 to 63K, just 2 to 3K higher than your budget. You can also opt for a 1 TB HDD like WD caviar Green 1 TB SATA III with 64 MB Cache @ 4.2K will save you around 1.7K.

Top Bottom