ENOUGH OF: WHAT TO BUY?. POST WHAT NOT TO BUY HERE.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
parthbarot said:
tell me abt good mobile around 12 to 13 K and a good digicam/camcorder around 15 to 20 k

hey ur not a newbee that u posted this by mistake.... :twisted: So if u want to start new thread abt mobile go in proper section.... PLEASE DO NOT ASK A NEW QUESTION IN ANOTHER THREAD...(which is not related in any sense)...

ABOUT what not to buy
=> FDD- absolutely no use if u have pen drive
=> Samsung roms and HDD
=> Motherboards with AGP slot (will be outdated soon)
=> Cheap headphone
=> 256 ram, 128 ram chips (min is 512)

Kniwor

Learner
wizrulz said:

let me try and settle this, there are motherboard in market (like ASUS K8S-MX )
for which integrating the SATA drivers for windows does not work somehow, so u need a fdd to install winXP everytime u reinstall....
hardly anyone used FDisk for data transfer so that is not a point, but there are times when u need one, u might just loose ur CD in which u integrated ur drivers... what of an emergency hadd wipe, an emergency boot, emergency admin pass recovery...
and when u are buying a comp of 35000 there is no point in saving Rs. 250 by not getting an fdd,
U can obviously do everything without an FDD, but all the pain is not worth 250/-

either u guys never reinstall, or do anything with ur comp that u dont need an FDD, or u guys are extra-smart to avoid FDD at every single point u need it...

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
Kniwor said:
wizrulz said:

either u guys never reinstall, or do anything with ur comp that u dont need an FDD, or u guys are extra-smart to avoid FDD at every single point u need it...

:wink: :wink: thanx for the compliment!!!
b ut i'll go with wizrulz,i havnt used a floppy disc in the last 2 years or so...though i have a drive( diont even remember where i placed it..have to search for it!!)not even once there was a need to get something installed frm a floppy drive.... !!
moreover i think the cabinet looks shabby with floppy drive out there... :cry:

OP
T

the mihir

Broken In
do not buy a keyboard without palmrest if u type a lot

and i agree with AGENT_SMITH- do not buy pixelview tv tuners

do not buy i ball cabinets

do not buy smps from frontech or i ball even if it says 400w....the psus are as light as a feather...this indicates cheap heat sinks.

do not buy a graphics card that shares the main system memory

do not buy age of empires 3....the graphics s***

do not buy a PATA hdd

reddragon

In the zone
1st time I heard that AOE3 sucks !! may be because of ur system config the game is #### for u .

then whats ur fav game dude ?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Posts by parthbarot and reddragon deleted.

@parthbarot: Please use the Mobile Monsters section to post cellphone queries.

Guys, let's keep this a hardware-only discussion :)

mangemayur

Journeyman
I will not agree with wizrulz about the AGP Graphics card as the NVidia just launched the 7800GS for the AGP8X
more info at *www.tomshardware.com/2006/02/13/nvidias_geforce_7800gs_becomes_a_better_buy/

Do not buy a Samsung CD-ROM Drive (52X)...I bought one years ago and it went bust after two years only.

By contrast the HP-CD Writer that I bought has been working like a champ for the last four years.

Plenty of Things
Creme de Femme

Last edited:

Kniwor

Learner
the mihir said:
do not buy age of empires 3....the graphics s***

do not buy a PATA hdd

Age of Empires 3 is a really nice game with wonderful graphics..... i think ur config cannot play it properly... get a good graphics card to play it...

PATA and SATA right now are almost equally fast... so if ur dealer quotes a big difference u can get it

OP
T

the mihir

Broken In
i have a plain 6600

i did not like some the aoe3 graphics like the horse models...the proportion of the size of unitd\s to buldings is wrong....all the units are too big...anyways there is always a difference of opinion

my favourite game is swkotor

-do not buy hp rewritable cds...they are just relabled moserbaer..and the cost is higher than moserbaer

-do not buy lg 17" monitors...they are very bulky..go for samsung

-do not buy mechanical mice

-do not buy plain cdrom drives...they are a thing of the past

-do not refill cartriges more than twice...they may leak into the printer

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Do not buy intel processors
Do not buy extra cooling solutions for AMD proccys unless u want to overclock insanely
Do not buy Benq products...shoddy build..despite whatever they might say about the performance
Do not buy low end altec lansing spkrs
Do not buy AGP mobos
Do not buy Combo drives...waste of good money
Do not buy branded clothing...as above
Do not buy Asrock products...take it from an occassional assembler....cheap and shoddy
Do not buy pirated software...copy from friends :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom