ENOUGH OF: WHAT TO BUY?. POST WHAT NOT TO BUY HERE.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

andysmith45

Broken In
sms_solver said:
-> Don't buy cheap SMPS

What do u do when u get only iball, mercury, frontech, intex and other cheap smps in a city of 1 million plus and all the distributers insist that mercury, frontech etc are of very good quality and everybody seems to be ignorant of the needs of good quality smps? The only lucky ones are those who buy branded computers.

andysmith45

Broken In
grinning_devil said:
never buy an i-Ball Cabinet...
their build quality s***!!!

I am upgrading my comp and thinking (in fact, already ordered) for an iball benz (never saw the built quality, just saw the pic in their website). What do u suggest from mercury, intex, frontech and iball (vip, antec r not available).

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
actually, the PSU's in the branded comps are in the same class as the "cheap" smpses.. I've been through a few and for the most part they are tailored to provide only as much power as the system requires... no headroom for upgrades

Also Microsoft hardware is, in my opinion, good value for money, I have been using microsoft peripherals for a long time (currently comfort curve 2k, basic optical mouse, sidewinder 3d pro(ancient)) and I do find that they are more comfortable and last longer than their closest competitor in the Indian market.. logitech, for example... the mouse wheel on the logitech mice get spoilt very quickly... and also the lettering on the keyboards get rubbed out.. all my friends with logitech hardware are suffering from these probs... (the WSAD keys are wiped clean :D and the scroll wheels have become loose and spin randomly, the friend who bought a mx 510 cannot adjust precision anymore b'coz one of the buttons is no longer working) we do abuse our keyboards and mice quite a lot and the MS products seem to hold up well under the abuse... if I am paying 900 odd rupees for a keyboard... I'd expect the lettering to last at least a year or two ( not that having the lettering makes any difference :lol: ).... and the same goes for the mice...

mav3r1ck

Broken In
andysmith45 said:
sms_solver said:
-> Don't buy cheap SMPS

The only lucky ones are those who buy branded computers.

Arre bro,
NEVER BUY BRANDED COMPS, U CAN'T SEE WHATS UNDER THE HOOD, CAN'T UPGRADE, IF U TRY WARRANTY GETS VOID :(

NEVER BUY LE VERSIONS OF ANY GFX CARD.

Incinerator

Broken In
andysmith45 said:
grinning_devil said:
never buy an i-Ball Cabinet...
their build quality s***!!!

I am upgrading my comp and thinking (in fact, already ordered) for an iball benz (never saw the built quality, just saw the pic in their website). What do u suggest from mercury, intex, frontech and iball (vip, antec r not available).

You shd have considered the zebby cabbies too. I recently bought a Zebronics cabinet and I'm more than happy with it.

Code:
*www.zebronics.net/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom