encrypt a pen-drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

realmmahesh

Broken In
Hi,

I need a software which will encrypt the drive itself.
i have been searching this kind of software from a long time and i find s/w which will create a encrypted image, it will ask for password and we have to mount the image... etc..like in true-crypt ( *www.truecrypt.org/ )
In case someone steals and just formats and uses it.

is there a s/w which will encrypt the drive such that u plug the drive to usb port and have to enter a password to access.. else NO.. thats it. Also the s/w will be in the drive itself ( this is very imp!! ) without that password the pen-drive is useless.

If anyone knows abt this kinda s/w, plz post here.
there are many thieves around, will be helpful 2 evry one.

thanks,
Mahesh

hansraj

In the zone
i am using truecrypt.... whats wrong with that it does gives u an option of making an encrypted pen drive or removable drive and also u need not have truecrypt installed on the pc where u want to run it as it has autorun with the required files in the pendrive itself.
i suggest use that only.

ray|raven

Think Zen.
There came one such s/w in the HP USB Drive i purchased.
Never really tried it but AFAIK it doesnt let u access the drive unless u give the password.
I'm @ work now,but if u need i can upload it when i get home.

Regards,
ray

hansraj

In the zone
even i have one for my transcend pen drive but these softwares work only with the same company pendrives.... when i try to use this transcend pen drive software in the other pendrive nothing happens.

OP
R

realmmahesh

Broken In
even i have transcend 4 gb drive. but i cud not find the s/w. i saw in the CD, it has stuff to secure files not the drive itself. can you tell me where did you get the s/w / or cud you mail it to me plz.

thanks
mahesh

hansraj said:
i am using truecrypt.... whats wrong with that it does gives u an option of making an encrypted pen drive or removable drive and also u need not have truecrypt installed on the pc where u want to run it as it has autorun with the required files in the pendrive itself.
i suggest use that only.

As i said earlier, if you use trucrypt and make an encrypted pen drive, you can't access the drive without trucrypt s/w in the system. in that case we have to carry trucrypt in order to make this drive working.. this method is good if u use the drive on just 2 or 3 system of ur own... nw use true crypt the other way, it makes an encrypted file.. in which our files are stored.. which has to be mounted... etc etc.. if someone steals your pendrive and formats it.. its done.. he got another pendrive!!

got my point..

- Mahesh

hi rayraven... whenever you are free plz mail me that s/w you have.. i'll hav a try.

Last edited:

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Sure Dude,Ill link u up to that s/w asap.
But,as hansraj has stated it might not work with other drives,
But what the heck,might as well give it a try.

Regards,
ray

ray|raven

Think Zen.
Here you go dude,
hope it works for you.
*rapidshare.com/files/66670437/TDAES_Login.zip.html

Regards,
ray

OP
R

realmmahesh

Broken In
hansraj said:
give me u r mail id , i will send it to you

i was not in station, so late..
so my mail id is
realmmahesh@yahoo.com

rayraven said:
Here you go dude,
hope it works for you.
*rapidshare.com/files/66670437/TDAES_Login.zip.html

Regards,
ray

hi thanks for the s/w.. hmmm it doesn't work.. it says Thumb drive cannot be found, program cannot be executed..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom