Enable Hibernate option..in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

prem4u

Old is Gold
Due to removing hibernate files in disk cleanup.
A hibernate option in shutdown menu in vista is not coming.
wat to do enable it back.

waiting for reply..

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ true.

... else simply type

powercfg /hibernate on

or off, as the case may be and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

A command prompt will appear and disappear.

Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, makes the program 'Run as an Administrator'.

chandru_skc

Software Engine
anandk said:
^ true.

... else simply type

powercfg /hibernate on

or off, as the case may be and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.

A command prompt will appear and disappear.

Pressing Ctrl+Shift+Enter together, makes the program 'Run as an Administrator'.

thanks for the community... you let me know these...

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
are thanks to both who posted this question and those who answered it as me too was goin to ask the same thing

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
even I was getting too many emails on the same at by blog.. so wrote this few days back :lol: *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/12/20/hibernate-option-missing-under-windows-vista/

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
rakeshishere said:
FYI,DO NOT Enable Hibernate option in vista ;).. It takes space of HDD quivalent to size of your RAM :(

its not about Vista, its on any OS... Thats what Hibernation means... Writting the full RAM in your HDD so that you can power of, and when resuming, system reads the HDD to copy back all apps and services from HDD (hiby.sys) back your RAM :)

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
Choto Cheeta said:
its not about Vista, its on any OS... Thats what Hibernation means... Writting the full RAM in your HDD so that you can power of, and when resuming, system reads the HDD to copy back all apps and services from HDD (hiby.sys) back your RAM :)

I know what hibernation is ;) ,since this thread was related to Vista i mentioned the facts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom