Empty DVD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
I successfully burn any DVD in my System using Nero. It also successfully runs on my system, but when I run it on any other system, it shows no files inside it, just as it is empty DVD.

What can be the problem?

My System Configuration:
Intel 865GBFHT
Intel P4 2.8HT
Dynet 1024Mb
NVidia FX5200 256Mb
Seagate PATA 80Gb
LG GSAH22N DVD-RW
Vista Premium
Nero BR 7.5

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
did u try running in different other systems , the problem may be with the drive of the other system . does it happen even if u write at lower speeds like 4x ?

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
sagargv said:
did u try running in different other systems , the problem may be with the drive of the other system . does it happen even if u write at lower speeds like 4x ?

1:- I gave my friend a free game burnt on that DVD at 8X SpeedBURN, but when he inserted it in his PC Drive, SETUP.exe opened automatically, but when he explored that DVD, there was nothing!

2:- I burnt a Movie at 4X SpeedBURN for my cousin, It ran successfully on his DVD PLAYER, but when he inserted it into PC Drive, it also showed no file inside it.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
well , ur fren has a virus or OS problem . there's probobly no problem with either drives although i'm uncertain as the same happened with ur cousin , r theirs old drives , can u name them ? . no hardware issue i think . the same problem was there in the computer center where i was learning C , did u try opening ur disc thru windows explorer or command prompt ( start > run > cmd ) in ur frens pc ? do a virus scan and / or do a re-install of windows . i think its best if u ask vishal gupta about this .

Pathik

Google Bot
try opening the dvd using isobuster and check all the sessions.. Also check whether the files in it are hidden..

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
pathiks said:
try opening the dvd using isobuster and check all the sessions.. Also check whether the files in it are hidden..

Shows only finilized 1 Session with Track in Mbs.

sagargv said:
well , ur fren has a virus or OS problem . there's probobly no problem with either drives although i'm uncertain as the same happened with ur cousin , r theirs old drives , can u name them ? . no hardware issue i think . the same problem was there in the computer center where i was learning C , did u try opening ur disc thru windows explorer or command prompt ( start > run > cmd ) in ur frens pc ? do a virus scan and / or do a re-install of windows . i think its best if u ask vishal gupta about this .

It happened in XP also, as well as in Vista.

Also, when I burn any DVD through my Computer, It always becomes Copyrighted, ie; It cannot copy then and shows MS-DOS Error while copying!

I made a DVD of a Flim, in my Dvive and that DVD now doe'snt Copy!
What is all that Problem?

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
hmm . probobly a software problem in ur pc . try re-installing nero and/or OS . does it happen when u burn the disc in vista in ur pc . further try that crappy writing CD in xp . .

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
sagargv said:
hmm . probobly a software problem in ur pc . try re-installing nero and/or OS . does it happen when u burn the disc in vista in ur pc . further try that crappy writing CD in xp . .

I mentioned that it happens in Alcohol 120% and also in Nero, AND I also changed XP to Vista!

This is just 1 Problem & what about another COPYRIGHT PROBLEM?

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
sagargv said:
did u format ur hdd while doing so ?

I can't understand your reply!

pathiks said:
^^nope... i m using nero 7.5.x.x and never had any probs wit it..

Nero 7.X is worst.
Nero Vision sometimes stops while transcoding.
Nero Showtime hangs while playing Big files.
etc etc..

_________

Now coming back to the problem,,
I successfully burn any DVD in my System using Nero. It also successfully runs on my system, but when I run it on any other system, it shows no files inside it, just as it is empty DVD. What's wrong??

Any expert here?

Last edited:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
This is definitely time to upgrade the firmware of the DVD writer
Please give us the model number and company so we can direct you to the latest firmware of the product.Or else even you can do so by googling.Just make sure its the right Firmware and from the company.

OP
emailaatif786

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
freshseasons said:
This is definitely time to upgrade the firmware of the DVD writer
Please give us the model number and company so we can direct you to the latest firmware of the product.Or else even you can do so by googling.Just make sure its the right Firmware and from the company.

My System Configuration:
Intel 865GBFHT
Intel P4 2.8HT
Dynet 1024Mb
NVidia FX5200 256Mb
Seagate PATA 80Gb
LG GSAH22N DVD-RW
Vista Premium
Nero BR 7.5

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Really you should have avoided LG Drives in the first place.Still...!
This model LG GSAH22N DVD-RW already has lots of problems as i can see all over the net.
I have uploaded this Firmware especially for you on rapidshare buddy.
Please download it and do the needed.Do no restart the PC until you have completly done with the updating
Download from here:
Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom