eMail Softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkiran

Broken In
Hi All,
We are using IBM Lotus Domino eMail solution in our organization. We have around 800 clients. To cut down costs, we are looking for alternatives to IBM's Domino server. One such eMail software I came across is: Citadel, which is Open Source. How to get it ? Just downloading & installing will not do, as we dont have the expertise to administer Citadel. Is there any agency which puts its brand name and sells it ? Do they provide technical support to Citadel ?

Any idea about Squirrel ?

The email solution should work on Windows OS server and Windows XP clients. Please help me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Citadel works on a Unix-like Server and windows clients can be connected.

Regarding Squirrel mail contact deeprootlinux for paid support. else free support is available online
[DeepRoot Linux] Location: Bangalore, India
We're home to a pioneering effort to deliver quick to deploy and easy to manage gnu/Linux based server software to you. We've spent the last five years developing great gnu/Linux server software, providing support and assistance to more than 100 organisations in deploying, using and managing gnu/Linux and Free Software and have a lot of fun doing all this.

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
Citadel works on a Unix-like Server and windows clients can be connected. Regarding Squirrel mail contact deeprootlinux for paid support. else free support is available online
[DeepRoot Linux] Location: Bangalore, India

Thanks Gary. Are there any such open source email solutions, which can be installed on a Windows machine ?

Try Zimbra
Thanks. I could not get the contact nos of Zimbra Software in India. :-(
I have sent an email to their support team. Waiting for their reply.

Last edited:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
can you tell us what you expect your software to do for you?
and also are you looking for inhouse hosting or external hosting?

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
can you tell us what you expect your software to do for you?
and also are you looking for inhouse hosting or external hosting?
I am looking for email software for emailing, with address book facility.
Hosting will be done internally, on our hardware.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I am looking for email software for emailing, with address book facility.
Hosting will be done internally, on our hardware.
sorry missed your thread

Why you wanna go for internal hosting?
Internal Hosting is not recommended unless you are a Big organisation.
for small scale business, you are better off with Google apps. its standard edition is Free to use and you can have upto 100accounts. if you need more there is paid edition available.
The same i am using with my Site. no problems till now.

If you still want Internal hosting, then Install Squirrel mail on Cent OS.

OP
gkiran

gkiran

Broken In
sorry missed your thread
for small scale business, you are better off with Google apps. its standard edition is Free to use and you can have upto 100accounts. if you need more there is paid edition available.

though our organization is relatively small, we already have an email domain registered, and hence cannot migrate to Google apps.

Cent OS ?

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
sorry missed your thread

Why you wanna go for internal hosting?
Internal Hosting is not recommended unless you are a Big organisation.

We can have upto 1000 email accounts each with 7gb space for FREE. when signing up, in the place where it asks for organisation size enter 1000.
Google Apps would be the best option.If you need more accounts you can get Paid option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom