Electronic circuits simulation softwares

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
I am searching for a easy,good and nice Electronic circuits simulation software...but i vain :(

All of the softwares that i downloaded will generate some waveforms but i need these ...

1.Find current in any branch
2.Solve Nodal analysis,Mesh Analysis ...
3.easy drag and drop of components
4.Able to find current passing and the voltage drop across any two points quickly

I downloaded many softwares many are too difficult to learn and all of them will just generate graphs...
So is there any softwares which suit my needs...?

And one more thing is there any software which can be used to simulate logic gates,CRO,function generator ...?

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
I remember using one two years ago for the same purpose, but I dont have it, and dont remember the name either, sorry :(

sreevirus

Certified Nutz
My professor had told me about OrCAD. You could try that.
*www.cadence.com/products/orcad/pages/default.aspx

BTW, if you want really good info, you better ask Kenshin. He's the electronics genius here.

Edit: I just remembered that guys in the Electronics branch were using a software called MultiSim for electronic circuit analysis.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
jus askin...r u electrical engg grad?

see there are many softs available...but only students version is available freely n legally....n ther are some GNU software too

MultiSim---Electronic Simulation-*www.ni.com/multisim/
MATLAB-Numerical computation,Simulation(Simulink)--*www.mathworks.com/
Orcad Pspice-simulation soft-*www.orcad.com/
Scilab-Matlab Clone (GNU)-*www.scilab.org/
Octave-Matlab Clone-*www.gnu.org/software/octave/
Yenka-*www.yenka.com/en/Yenka_Electronics/

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
I remember using one two years ago for the same purpose, but I dont have it, and dont remember the name either, sorry :(

my bad :(

My professor had told me about OrCAD. You could try that.
*www.cadence.com/products/orcad/pages/default.aspx

BTW, if you want really good info, you better ask Kenshin. He's the electronics genius here.

Edit: I just remembered that guys in the Electronics branch were using a software called MultiSim for electronic circuit analysis.

Thanks will ask him and will try that MultiSim and OrCAD too :)

jus askin...r u electrical engg grad?

see there are many softs available...but only students version is available freely n legally....n ther are some GNU software too

MultiSim---Electronic Simulation-*www.ni.com/multisim/
MATLAB-Numerical computation,Simulation(Simulink)--*www.mathworks.com/
Orcad Pspice-simulation soft-*www.orcad.com/
Scilab-Matlab Clone (GNU)-*www.scilab.org/
Octave-Matlab Clone-*www.gnu.org/software/octave/
Yenka-*www.yenka.com/en/Yenka_Electronics/

Thanks ..
I have tried Scilab and Octave ...oh boy they are not easy... and moreover i think they will not give simple solutions like voltage drop across resistor and other such simple things...
I will try the rest ...

and yes i am currently studying IT(instrumentation technology) Engg. 2nd year :)

Last edited:

madhusoodan

Broken In
Check out whether spice or pspice softwares work or not... My friends were using these for some simulation purposes. I have never used...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom