Electric fluctuation in my computer

gopi_kgk

Right off the assembly line
There is electric fluctuation in my computer. It started 5 months ago. The speakers connected to my computer, my keyboard, my controller all usb connections disconnect and reconnect by itself. Dont know if its motherboards fault or PSU . I changed psu from 450w to 500w but there was no change. And last month my motherboard got damaged and i repaired it hoping that this would reduce the volatage fluctuation. But it started happening after 2 weeks again changing the motherboard. I don't overclock or change any bios voltage settings. My pc configurations are i5-2400, 500w psu, gigabyte h61mds2, cooler master fan, two internal hard drives(2+1),4 gb ram,gt 630 graphic card,1 cd drive and one system fan. What is the problem? Should i buy new psu or motherboard? i have ups to give power backup . Is it fault of ups? or is it in electric circuit of my house?

OP
G

gopi_kgk

Mikrotek ups and a local psu of 500w..not a branded one...not sure if psu is the problem as i changed it from 450 to 500 and the fluctuation still happened

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
fluctuation or not using a cheap desi psu to run an i5 system is like putting iphone 5 in a Rs.100 mobile cover from local mobile shop.try testing with another ups & if there is voltage fluctuation in mains then you will notice it in dimming of household lights.

OP
G

gopi_kgk

fluctuation or not using a cheap desi psu to run an i5 system is like putting iphone 5 in a Rs.100 mobile cover from local mobile shop.try testing with another ups & if there is voltage fluctuation in mains then you will notice it in dimming of household lights.
can you please suggest a nice psu with suitable watts to support my system

nomad47

Cyborg Agent
I think antec VP 450 or 550 will cut the job. Use an online wattage calculator to calculate your power requirement and decide

Top Bottom