EFS certificate problem

utkarsh007

U7karsh
hey ery1 due to some technical problems i reinstalled windows 7 on mah pc but forgot to decrypt a very important folder of mine. now i have the .pfx certificate but forgot the password. I have tried with all i can remember. Can anyone tell me of a software that can bruteforce it. I have used one software but it jus start and ends in a second
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Even if anyone can provide me with a .txt file with all possible brue force combinations with minimum of 6 and max of 15 letters, my work will be done

nims11

BIOS Terminator
its simple to generate brute force combinations using any programming language.

use BRUTUS (google it or get it from JUNE 2010 playware DIGIT DVD)

here is the ultimate dictionary word password list - Ultimate Password List - Area51 Archives.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
using all brute force combinations would be useless.
even if you only consider lowercase characters composing 6-15 letters, there will be
1.74434972 × 10^21 possibilities which would be impractical.

the best option you have is to remember all the details of your password (length, characters used/not used, etc) to narrow down to a more practical password list.

OP
utkarsh007

utkarsh007

U7karsh
can u tell me that after a format, if i use the old .pfx that was made by my os before reinstall, will it work. I mean is there a chance that after format, the .pfx shows wrong pass even for the correct one. Also my folder (encrypted one) was at desktop before format. I moved it to my D drive before format also backed up my .pfx to skydrive. so in this scenario will my .pfx work???

Top Bottom