Editing system for 35K

AnmpuMedia

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Audio and Video Editing. Mainly Avid Media Composer .

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:35-37 K

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:No.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 5TB or more . Already Have hard disks.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:Reusing 2 Viewsonic VA1912W's (1440*900)

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:Reusing Cabinet,Keyboard , Mouse , Monitors , 4GB DDR3 1333 RAM ,Hard Disks.
I am unsure about the SMPS , I have a CM 500W PSU.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:By December.

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Assembler.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: Kochi , Kerala.
Open to Cash On Delivery.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Maximum Bang for the buck !

Cilus

laborare est orare
At your budget, for Audio & Video Editing, AMD FX 8 Core CPU are the best choice.

Get the following:-

AMD FX 8150 @ 11.4K
Gigabyte 970A-DS3 @ 5.5K
Corair Value Select 4GB X1 1333 MHz @ 1.04K
MSI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.2k

singh_dd93

Journeyman
At your budget, for Audio & Video Editing, AMD FX 8 Core CPU are the best choice.

Get the following:-

AMD FX 8150 @ 11.4K
Gigabyte 970A-DS3 @ 5.5K
Corair Value Select 4GB X1 1333 MHz @ 1.04K
MSI HD 7770 1GB GDDR5 @ 8.2k
@Cilus
The board you suggested doesnot support FX8150

I would suggest you to buy GA970A-UD3 rather. I made the same mistake buying DS3.

OP
A

AnmpuMedia

Broken In
@Cilus
The board you suggested doesnot support FX8150

I would suggest you to buy GA970A-UD3 rather. I made the same mistake buying DS3.

People seem to be having trouble with the GA970A-UD3 bios too. Please suggest a board that is confirmed working with the proccy.

And as for GFX card I prefer AMD Normally , but my experience has shown that Nvidia cards outperform the radeons when it comes to Video editing and rendering. and I'm sure its not just my experience.
as for graphics it boils down to GT/GTX vs Quadro 600.
Note : Avid Recommends Quadro 2000 or higher.

singh_dd93

Journeyman
Got a UD3(rev 3.0) for my friend and it runs 8150 perfectly. Mine Ds3(rev3.0) gives the first screen and then reboots while on 8120 it works fine.
Remember to get the latest revision of the board from market

singh_dd93

Journeyman
if you can extend your budget to 13k then i bought Gigabyte 7850 2GB OC at 12720 from flipkart. Otherwise go with the mentioned one 7770

Top Bottom