Edit: Video File Properties

manab_bikash

Neophyte
I am using windows 7 and i cant change the properties of some video formates such as .rmvb.
Actually i have a bunch of TV-Series and i want to edit them as "season", "episode" and so on, I have searched and downloaded a bunch of software like "File Property Edit Pro 3.51", "abcavi Tag Editor" with this i can edit .avi formats but not as i want. "CAVU Software Productivity Pack" this wrks fine in xp bt i want episode name 2.
So, plz can some1 suggest me a software with which can edit file properties of any known video format and specially the ".rmvb" format.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
.rmvb is the worst video format, according to me. But that's personal opinion.
I recommend you to convert it into .avi, using converters like, Quick Media Converter. Then you can change it's properties.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
not necessary...
rmvb can also produce good quality videos
though not better than mkv or divX

Thats why I said, according to me.
BTW, this hatred for .rmvb developed from the fact, that it's associated with Real Media player, which is not freeware, but a bloatware, seem to be made just for .rmvb files!

^^yup thats the good thing about real player ;)

but according to OP only the properties of the file are disturbing him.

does IrfanView change properties too in batches ??? (never did it myself)
if it does then it would be nice.
IrfanView does has tags beggning with $ for the metadata of picture and video files

manaskumar

Have fun till death!!
Will go with Vineet on that one.!!
Manab you better convert those into AVI, will go long way in organizing your video long way.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
.rmvb file size is small than .avi so, i want 2 stick with it.
can u guys plz help me with a software that supports windows 7...:sad::-x:-x

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
.rmvb file size is small than .avi so, i want 2 stick with it.
can u guys plz help me with a software that supports windows 7...:sad::-x:-x

A software that supports win 7, for What purpose? For editing properties of .rmvb file? That my friend I dont think is possible, as far as I know.

Also, after converting the file to .avi, I think the size wont have a big difference. You can experiment first, and then decide what to do next.

OP
M

manab_bikash

Neophyte
i have already tried converting 2 .avi before..it makes the file size big..
and with abcavi tag editor i can't give an episode no.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Well, if you can't give episode no. to an .avi file from abcavi tag editor, for which it's specially built for, don't you think, there is some problem with the .avi file you just created?

Also, there are a bunch of options in the converters (usually under Expert mode) that allows to tweak many settings before you start converting to another format. I know, it would be a little overwhelming to go deep in that, but I am just informing.

You can also just give the Season, Episode numbers in just their file names, if you want to retain .rmvb format.

look here : abcAVI Tag Editor - The comparison table of different tag's formats

i believe the tags:
Part (IPRT)
total no of parts (IFRM)
are for that.

no tag for season, as it is meant for movies and movies have parts and not seasons

renaming files would be much simpler and automated and easy to understand and searchable

Top Bottom