Earphones VS Headphones {Rs. 2000}

MamuMogambo

Broken In
So my tech guru friends, here's my problem:
I am big film buff and watch movies on my Dell Inspiron 15R 5520. Without headphones the experience doesn't seem to be complete. I got a flexible budget of Rs. 2000. Which one should I buy?

Earphones: If I can get a major difference in sound quality as compared to headphones then do suggest me a good pair. Only problem with earphones (earbuds in particular) is they seem a bit unhygienic. Those things going inside my ears is a bit of a problem. But again, I am fine with them if I get a major quality difference in sound.

Headphones: If there isn't much of a difference in sound quality I'd rather prefer headphones. The only problem, they ruin my hairstyle.

So, here's the order of my preference (in decreasing order):
1. Earphones (the kind we get with iPods and iPads)
2. Headphones
3. Earbuds

Please help me in deciding

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
get
JBL Tempo On Ear Headphone - JBL: Flipkart.com
or
Sony MDR-XB400 Headphones - Sony: Flipkart.com
Thank You Samudra. I'll look them up

I have been using ATH-M20 since a year and very much satisfied. Bit over your budget, but worth IMO.
Thank you Sujay. Can you give a detailed review

I need to decide between SONY MDR-XB400 and Sennheiser HD 202 II.
Which one is better?
All I want is clear sound for my movies.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I basically use it for listening music, mostly bollywood, and little bit H'wood; genres namely, trance, rock, pop, etc. M20 provides dark yet natural sounding experience. Mids are pretty good, highs and lows being average. Highs leave much desire though. I got it for 2.1k, but I think it's current price lies around 2.5k. They need decent burn in time to evolve. Mine took around ~50-100hrs.

OP
M

MamuMogambo

Broken In
I basically use it for listening music, mostly bollywood, and little bit H'wood; genres namely, trance, rock, pop, etc. M20 provides dark yet natural sounding experience. Mids are pretty good, highs and lows being average. Highs leave much desire though. I got it for 2.1k, but I think it's current price lies around 2.5k. They need decent burn in time to evolve. Mine took around ~50-100hrs.
Thank you for the review.

Top Bottom