earphones for my optimus one

vishurocks

Journeyman
I need a good pair of iem within 1-1.2k, to be used with my lg optimus one nd other cellphone. so suggest me some good ones. my picks are soundmagic pl30, meelectronics m6, skullcandy riot and smokin, steelseries siberia, sony mdr-ex57sl or suggest something else. and one more thing i want to use a amp with these iems. is it a good idea

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I think JVC marshmallows for some 500 bucks is more than enough for that phone. it's got okaish sound quality. If you want to use quality IEMs, better get a headphone amp.

also check Brainwavz alpha

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Best deal I found for JVC Marshmallows is Rs 550 -- JVC MARSHMALLOW [HA-FX34] - Rs.550.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

Anyone can point out a better deal? Its almost impossible to find these brands in local shops here in Hyderabad...

stonecaper

SuperMASSiVE
U can Consider These for Rs 841 - Buy Sony In-ear Earphones MDR-EX50LP/R (Red) at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

Loads Better Than Marshmallows

Sarath

iDota
Sennheiser CX-Series CX180 0GB Price India, Sennheiser CX-Series CX180 Review, Sennheiser Headphone India - Infibeam.com

Cant rememeber which site I saw them for 1200/- Google it.

OP
V

vishurocks

Journeyman
@desiibond
yeah dude i know. That's why i asked about amp also. but which one. i seriously doubt fiio e3's performance. And fiio e5 is lil bit out of my budget. Totally unsatisfied with audio quality of optimus one

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Just ordered Philips SHP2000 from flipkart... for the PC... I already have Sennheiser HD 180... but they feel fake and unsatisfactory. Had bought them on ebay... I have decided... never again buy on ebay unless its a killer deal...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Just ordered Philips SHP2000 from flipkart... for the PC... I already have Sennheiser HD 180... but they feel fake and unsatisfactory. Had bought them on ebay... I have decided... never again buy on ebay unless its a killer deal...

oh maaaaan. It's not much better than HD 180. Should've gone for SHP2700. but the question is how O1 will drive these full size headphones!

OP
V

vishurocks

Journeyman
Is e3 with m6 a good option

Just checked fischer audio ts-9002, 9001 on lynx. pretty impressive stuff. what r ur views on these. also, will a fiio e3 will suffice it's power requirements

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
I dont think an E3 would matter much. An E5 would give a bass boost and drive the iems better.
The O1 wouldn't be able to power the more demanding iems or headphones with higher impedence so in my opinion its best to stick to jvc marshmallows and save money for something like the sandisk clip+ which would give you excellent audio for only 2.5k somethin.
Plus, Pristinenote is a very reputed dealer and provides great after sales service!
I guess its either the Jvc or the soundmagic. For amp, if at all you want to buy, it would be for improving bass (in case of e5) or for providing more driving power( that translates to louder volume). Such low cost amps wouldn't change the sound signature of these entry level iems.
Plus its more of a hassle too to carry the amp (even though its small) with you.

My 2 cents- Save money, get the clip+.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

oh maaaaan. It's not much better than HD 180. Should've gone for SHP2700. but the question is how O1 will drive these full size headphones!

Just received my Philips SHP2000 today. Tested it... and found that Sennheiser HD 180 is a lot better. Very disappointed... barely average quality...

From now on, I will stick to Sennheiser...

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
How should I do the burn-in for a headset? Never heard of that...

Read this: Headphone 'Burn In' FAQ

and

use this: Download section for Burninwave generator

remember. Do not do burn-in at very high or max volumes. It will kill the headphones.

Top Bottom