earphones for my optimus one

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
You can just listen to music which you would normally listen to but at a lower volume. That should be equivalent to using the burnin generator.

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
What I meant and what many members of Head-fi also agree on is that burn in is basically meant to be a fruitful exercise for the drivers of the iems so that they sound their optimum best later on when you listen.
And this is done by letting it play the various sound files which focuses either on particular sections of the frequency or does a whole frequency sweep or some other technique.
Basically its meant to give some exercise to the drivers.
And this exercise can also be given just by normally listening to your music at a lower volume, after all its also an exercise in the truest sense. The drivers are set to work even by the normal media files and it burns-in with time.
Some iems shine with burn in and some do not, its just a matter of which iem you have.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
What I meant and what many members of Head-fi also agree on is that burn in is basically meant to be a fruitful exercise for the drivers of the iems so that they sound their optimum best later on when you listen.
And this is done by letting it play the various sound files which focuses either on particular sections of the frequency or does a whole frequency sweep or some other technique.
Basically its meant to give some exercise to the drivers.
And this exercise can also be given just by normally listening to your music at a lower volume, after all its also an exercise in the truest sense. The drivers are set to work even by the normal media files and it burns-in with time.
Some iems shine with burn in and some do not, its just a matter of which iem you have.
The reason for burn-in is to bring the driver to it's potential faster. burn-in by normal listening usually takes days and weeks.

teejay_geekEd

GeekEd!...
Exactly, thats what i'm saying.
But its better to use that generator for iems that really need some burn-ins.
Most iems dont shine much after burn-in and hence no need for that generator.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Exactly, thats what i'm saying.
But its better to use that generator for iems that really need some burn-ins.
Most iems dont shine much after burn-in and hence no need for that generator.

most of philips full size headphones need proper burn-in. They sound like roadside **** out-of-the-box and that is what I think androidfan is facing right now. :)

red dragon

Master troll
^^desi,are you sure burning in improves these Philips cans?I have a Philips HPsomething for more than 2 years and they still sound like cr*p.
They are very easy to drive though.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^desi,are you sure burning in improves these Philips cans?I have a Philips HPsomething for more than 2 years and they still sound like cr*p.
They are very easy to drive though.

Yes. I had one few years ago and even my SHE9800 improved a lot after burn-in.

Top Bottom