Ear phones (1.5k)

rohanz

Journeyman
Hello guys,

I want to buy in-ear headphones. My budget is 1.5k final.
No preference to any brand. I love dubstep but listen to other genres too, so the headphones should be able to play diverse genres.

samudragupta

Youngling
I'm mainly into dubstep/trance/house... i had the sony xb30's (2k), and they were perfect for the genre... i recently upgraded to sony xb90's (4k) and they are just awesome!!! The genre's you listen to demand a good bass... s the sony's are the perfect pairs, for your budget sony xb30... however if you want balanced bass, i recommend Sennheiser CX 180

ratul

█████████████████
Also look @ SoundMagic E10, recently increased price, but still available @ 2k here: Sound Magic E10 in ear Headphone - Red Black from Sound Magic | Headphones / Earphones | Electronics | HomeShop18.com

samudragupta

Youngling
SM E10 are currently overpriced for the build quality they offer... I would stay away from them unless they are available for 1.2-1.5k

OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
Four of the first five reviews of CX 180 are negative.
XB30 seem nice.
SM E10 are not too durable as samudra said.
How are Creative EP-630 earphone In-the-ear Headphone - Creative: Flipkart.com and Sony MDR-EX60LP Headphone - Sony: Flipkart.com and Samsung EHS44ASSBECINU Stereo Headset - Samsung: Flipkart.com

They are cheaper but many people recommend it.

samudragupta

Youngling
Don't worry about the negative comments, every product has its pros and cons and no earphone is perfect... Even the xb30 has few negative comments, but i am impressed by them...
creative's build quality is not all that great... my office colleague had got a pair of creatives and had to get it replaced twice in 3 months because the left earpiece stopped working... but has been working ever since (its been 6 months).
The samsungs don't specify any specifications so can't comment on them...
The sony you have mentioned seems to have enough bass (9mm driver unit) to suffice your needs... I personally use 3 different sony earphones & 1 sony headphone and the output quality is good on all, including the bass that they specialize in. Overall i would personally stick with sony for their sound and build quality... eventually its your choice :)
Hence Sony>Creative>Samsung :)

OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
Don't worry about the negative comments, every product has its pros and cons and no earphone is perfect... Even the xb30 has few negative comments, but i am impressed by them...
creative's build quality is not all that great... my office colleague had got a pair of creatives and had to get it replaced twice in 3 months because the left earpiece stopped working... but has been working ever since (its been 6 months).
The samsungs don't specify any specifications so can't comment on them...
The sony you have mentioned seems to have enough bass (9mm driver unit) to suffice your needs... I personally use 3 different sony earphones & 1 sony headphone and the output quality is good on all, including the bass that they specialize in. Overall i would personally stick with sony for their sound and build quality... eventually its your choice :)
Hence Sony>Creative>Samsung :)

So which one? Confused between Xb30 and cx 180.

Last edited:

samudragupta

Youngling
Get the Sony xb30. They are good bassy headphones, the highs are good and the mids are decent. You can fix the mids via eq settings. Overall they are value for money.

OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
Where do you recommend getting them from? WTF flipkart removed the 16% discount :|
What is the difference between *www.flipkart.com/sony-xb30ex-extra...aeb2&srno=t_1&otracker=from-search&query=xb30 and *www.flipkart.com/sony-mdr-xb30ex-h...aeb2&srno=t_3&otracker=from-search&query=xb30

Last edited:
OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
Couldn't find any coupons. Can you please find me some?
Btw Headphones - Buy Headphones Online at Best Prices in India - Mobile Accessories : Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com every earphone has 10% discount except for xb30ex. What kind of sorcery is this? Why is it even listed there :/

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Couldn't find any coupons. Can you please find me some?
Btw Headphones - Buy Headphones Online at Best Prices in India - Mobile Accessories : Mobiles & Accessories | Flipkart.com every earphone has 10% discount except for xb30ex. What kind of sorcery is this? Why is it even listed there :/
It doesn't have 10% discount as that offer is only applicable to products bought from "wsretail"... That product is from the seller "SnatchyDeals"...:)

samudragupta

Youngling
check this link on ebay
Sony MDR-XB30EX Extra-Bass Stereo Headphone Headset Black - 1 Year Warranty | eBay
its still 200 bucks cheaper than flipkart... i have a coupon and tried it but doest work with the purchase since the ebay price is already at discounted rate...

OP
rohanz

rohanz

Journeyman
It doesn't have 10% discount as that offer is only applicable to products bought from "wsretail"... That product is from the seller "SnatchyDeals"...:)

Ohh thanks!

check this link on ebay
Sony MDR-XB30EX Extra-Bass Stereo Headphone Headset Black - 1 Year Warranty | eBay
its still 200 bucks cheaper than flipkart... i have a coupon and tried it but doest work with the purchase since the ebay price is already at discounted rate...

Can you try the copy with the two top seller who are selling it on ebay? Sorry, I am posting this from my mobile so can't link you to them. You will find them when you search for the earphones

samudragupta

Youngling
Ohh thanks!

Can you try the copy with the two top seller who are selling it on ebay? Sorry, I am posting this from my mobile so can't link you to them. You will find them when you search for the earphones
i tried it but the coupons don't work, else i would have shared it with you... the coupons are of no use to me ;) this usually happens if the product is already at a discounted rate...

Adibaba

Broken In
Hey i was also wanting to buy the same. I heard that Senn CX 175 has bit more of the bass than the cx 180 and the same clarity is it so?? and also are the Sony XB30EX having good response to guitar solos in rock songs.

And also cud you suggest me any other IEM under 2k for Rock music,ones i cud easily buy in nehru place

samudragupta

Youngling
Hey i was also wanting to buy the same. I heard that Senn CX 175 has bit more of the bass than the cx 180 and the same clarity is it so?? and also are the Sony XB30EX having good response to guitar solos in rock songs.

And also cud you suggest me any other IEM under 2k for Rock music,ones i cud easily buy in nehru place
for your genre you would require earphones with good dynamic drivers... i'm not sure if you can get these in nehru place, but i suggest Soundmagic E30 or Brainwavz M1

Top Bottom