EA just went full retard

Piyush

Lanaya
True that. :)

Anyway I have not bought from any retail stores anyway, only Digital Stores and that too Steam or GOG only. :)

I once bought GTA 4 from retail stores thinking that i can redeem it on steam. Sadly at that time GTA 4 codes were not redeemable on steam and I didnt know that.
Since then I never bought any game via retail stores. I was so furious that I even bought GTA complete pack on steam :lol:

cyborg47

Technomancer
If the foreigners are buying games on Origin at cheaper prices, why not let the retail prices stay at 999?

cyborg47

Technomancer
What's the use of pirating it? Does anyone care about the 2 bit SP campaign in BF games?

They seem to be getting better this time, or may be just for the cod audiences. Then again, I don't think 3.4k is worth spending even if its the multiplayer, and then eventually getting laid by EA with the DLCs, no thanks. As for N4S and Fifa, its a whole another story.

bippukt

In the zone
I was one of the few for whom Origin wasn't quite so bad. Now it is dead to me. If Valve can do local pricing of their retail copies, then so can EA. They are just being lazy or greedy.

With these prices the piracy debate is just academic. Most of just can't afford it, so it is either pirate or don't play. EA doesn't get my money in any case.

OP
R

rahulkadukar

Broken In
What about the vast majority of people in the US/Europe who buy games at $60, I don't think all Europeans/Americans buy games through a proxy, a very small minority will do that, but that is inevitable.

Plus with the severe lack of dedicated Indian servers there is no reason to give them 3500 for this. They have lost it, all I can say is congratulations to EA for winning the award for the 3rd year, they will definitely get my vote.

akkies_2000

Journeyman
Started buying original games 4 years ago when I had built a 65k PC (without monitor) and thought I need to support PC gaming. Digit certainly played a huge role in this shift in my attitude.

Seems like EA has done its analysis and come to the conclusion that they can screw the pricing here so as to stop people sitting abroad who buy it cheap from here.

If PC gaming is such a minority in India that companies do not care if it sells here or not, then why the hell should I feel guilty of buying pirated games. In any case, I do not matter on a global scale. Such a disappointment this is.

Did not buy premium pack of BF3 initially and when the pricing went above 3k, it never seemed worth it to me. There is no way I would buy a 3.5k base game. Bfbc2 was my first MP experience, seems like BF3 would be the last unless I decide to buy PS4 and save money from building a new PC every few years.

Screw you EA, average revenue per PC game from my pocket would never cross 1800, I can give you that much.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
you look to be one dedicated guy in spending money even for a pirated copy :p.. you buy pirated games?? I mean seriously??

PS:: I know there are places where they sell pirated pc games on disk just like pirated movie disks

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I started playing Super Mario Bros. and Bio Menace. Somehow felt they were better than Battlefield. I had fun.

akkies_2000

Journeyman
you look to be one dedicated guy in spending money even for a pirated copy :p.. you buy pirated games?? I mean seriously??

PS:: I know there are places where they sell pirated pc games on disk just like pirated movie disks

I earn my money and spend it as per my convenience. Keep judging!!!

Hrishi

I was really wondering that do these companies really care about their sales in "Indian Market" ??

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
^They'll leave this country without another thought for good, just like Motorola. I was a fan of them, now I can't buy their phones (f88k imports).

I'm positive that EA may do this too. They just don't care about gamers in India, they'll just leave and we gamers are at loss.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I'm positive that EA may do this too. They just don't care about gamers in India, they'll just leave and we gamers are at loss.

Or, may be they'll dial back the prices to 2K, and send out a statement that they've listened to the fans, and the fans being obvious head nodding sheep, go buy the games. EA wins.

Top Bottom