EA just went full retard

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Or, may be they'll dial back the prices to 2K, and send out a statement that they've listened to the fans, and the fans being obvious head nodding sheep, go buy the games. EA wins.

I'm hoping that happens. 2K for a game or two a year is not a problem.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Their games aren't worth Rs.2000. Played NFSMW2012 and it's just dreadful. Sad thing is there are quite a lot of people who pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for Rs.3500/-

Piyush said:
Then we always have some other alternatives, no?
Like steam sales, coupons and all.
EA don't launch their games on Steam now. Only Origin. The client itself that EA uses is so dreadful. I tried downloading a copy of NFS HP(2010) I had in my account and I just couldn't. The download would restart even if I hadn't paused it. Not to say it used to crash so much. Deleted Origin and never installed it since.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Their games aren't worth Rs.2000. Played NFSMW2012 and it's just dreadful. Sad thing is there are quite a lot of people who pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for Rs.3500/-

Yea, no NFS is worth 2k. But BF4 sure is.

Idiots (or rich guys or their kids) pre-order BF4 for 3.5k without the China Rising DLC. Do they even know that there'll be a free pre-order exp. pack? Or are they dumb?

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
I think flipkart selling games and software will end up closing like flyte store.

We have good market for movies pre-booking on bookmyshow not for games.

cyborg47

Technomancer
I think flipkart selling games and software will end up closing like flyte store.

I don't think they'll go to that extent, coz the prices of the older games do go down pretty fast and Flipkart, Game4u periodically offer some nice discounts. The pre orders and early purchases might do down though, that's possible.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Gamers are creatures of habit. So sooner or later they will definitely buy (or get illegally) games that they vow to boycott.

I'm not surprised people are actually paying Rs. 3500 for this ****.

As for me, I am soon going to be paying for games in CDN$, so I don't know what to think about this move. I thought I could ask my family to buy the games in India and then email the CD Keys to me, but now it seems it will gradually be unnecessary.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Each to their own

No need to bash NFS just cause you didn't like it and no need to tell no NFS is not worth 2k

Also have you even tried the MP in MW12?

Like I don't give a crap about BF but I don't go around saying its not worth 3.5k

I enjoyed the last few NFS games, but I still don't think none of them were worth 1.4k let alone 3.4k.
And Rivals pretty much looks like a copy paste job from the previous games, and plays exactly like Hot Pursuit, what's the point of paying the full price when you get a DLC type update every year?

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
So funny to see people discuss about a practical joke played by EA (oh yeah i am part of the discussion myself)

This is ridiculous. I don't earn money. How am I buy these games on my 500 inr pocket money??? F**k EA. Looks like I won't be able to play fifa 14 online. :banghead:

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Such abnormal prices only invites one special pack of people :( --> "P***tes"...

thought we loved the developers from time to time and tried to go against it...by "BUYING" games...and now this.

Damn you EA! also i think the recent "weak Rupee" has also a subtle part played.

*www.slashgear.com/ea-up-against-indian-pc-gamers-in-twitter-coup-05289271/

Last edited:
Top Bottom