whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
no idea about keyboard,mice etc but here is one site:
DonateYourPC.in - Donate Computers, PC and Peripherals for charity

Niilesh

Padawan
I read about a site in digit in 2011 or 2012. The issue cover story was related to saving earth. I am sure it wouldn't be that hard to find the issue :)
You had to pay shipping charges though.

ewaste is a very big problem but such recycling centers ire scarce in India. better donate it to someone in your locality or sell them for dirt cheap prices to small local shops who may use their components.

Reusing is better than recycling.

user28

Journeyman
Hello all,

I know this is an old thread but the subject of the thread is still valid in my opinion. I too had some faulty hardware lying around like 2 HDDs, one CRT monitor, 2 CDRWs, 3 Mice, 2 stabilizers etc. I don't want them to dispose off in the garbage as it harms the nature.
[MENTION=126812]whitestar_999[/MENTION]
DonateYourPC.in site is no more. Any other alternatives you know of other than Techshop.in ?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i found this:
Donate In-Kind | YouSee
however you can contact some local ngo or school too as think that would be better in terms of convenience to you as well as the receiver.

user28

Journeyman
I found this CLEAN e-INDIA | Recycle Electronic Waste in India | eWaste Management & Collection which i came to know from a local news paper. I had contacted them. Will post the experience soon.

zapout

Ideas are Bulletproof
Please do post your experience with them. I've a blown up psu lying around, I need to dispose it off properly

user28

Journeyman
I had contacted them through their toll free number given in the website. We need to send a list of items to them and the date and time for the pick up of items to their email id support@cleaneindia.org
Then they will call us and confirm the pickup date and time.
Generally they will be prompt but i had to wait for 2 days for the pickup to happen as they had delayed from their end. They had visited today along with trolley type weighing machine.
First they separated the plastic and metallic items and then weighed them. Calculated the value and paid to me. Gave a handover form. Then packed the items and left. All the process was smooth and the people were very polite.
Its not the amount i got, but very proud that i was able to do a small part in protecting the environment.

They also said that they will seggregate the usable items and sell them as seconds and those of non uasable will go to their recycling plant.

Overall the process was smooth except the delay.

Top Bottom