my id: my_id@gmail.com
his id: his_id@gmail.com
someone else's id: someoneelse@yahoo.com

then he(his_id@gmail.com) can send me mails which shows:
to: my_id@gmail.com
subject: he can write anything

--------------------
how is this possible?
how can i stop him from doing this...he doesnt even require any password for doing this...plz help.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Your Friend is sending Mail using PHP Mail() Function

It lets you send mail with any name in "From" Field. For example - "billgates@microsoft.com".

This is how Phishing Mails work. They seem real since the From Field looks official like "HDFC Bank", "Paypal" etc.

Well, there is no way you can stop him or anyone on the net. Only way is to check the headers of the mail and see if the MAIL is actually originating from the official servers :)

PHP MAIL Sample
PHP:
<?php $to = "someone@example.com";
$subject = "Test mail";
$message = "Hello! This is a simple email message.";
$from = "someonelse@example.com";
$headers = "From: $from";
mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers);
echo "Mail Sent."; ?>

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
also some of his mails were going in SPAM, so he told me the reason that some of his server or IIS(which i took as Internet Information Services) settings are not proper thats why..

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
also some of his mails were going in SPAM, so he told me the reason that some of his server or IIS(which i took as Internet Information Services) settings are not proper thats why..

Big Email Providers such as Yahoo, MSN, GMAIL have filters to detect such mails and put them into SPAM ;)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
If it's coming from gmail/yahoo, where does his server come in between. And what has IIS have to do with mail? AFAIK, IIS is a http server not a mail server.

quad_master

Tired of being sorry!
If it's coming from gmail/yahoo, where does his server come in between. And what has IIS have to do with mail? AFAIK, IIS is a http server not a mail server.

IIS is a web server dude!! it comes with SMTP service also!! so u can send mail using it...just few line of asp, c# code+IIS...bingo!;-)
actually i love Java+tomcat for this kind of prank with my friends...in the 'from' field U CAN CHOOSE THE DOMAIN NAME WHATEVER U WANT...just follow the convention...it's a funny thing :D
p.s- there is no e-mai hack dude!:D

Last edited:
OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Oh..I wish I could change the subject of this post then............Thanks for relieving me from tension.....

But its bad thing that i cant stop him coz he sends bad mails to my dad using my id..
Fortunately my dad forgot his e-mail account password...and he(friend) doesn't know this....So i recovered the password and deleted the mails too... So Thanks to God too!

But there is Future Risk too!

Ok I wont ask how its done coz u'll say its illegal here (nice indirect way huh?)...but plz if anyone comes to know how it can be stopped............PLZ INFORM ME...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Ishan said:
but plz if anyone comes to know how it can be stopped............PLZ INFORM ME...PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Don't let ur friend use computer! :D

Frankly saying, this can't be stopped. Bcoz till he has access to computer n Internet he CAN send such mails.

One thing, you can do it tell him that u knows how to send such mails. And if u send such mails again by my name, then I can do the same with you too.
And finally file a complaint against him in Cyber Police!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom