Dying hard disks...Both internal and external

saz

Journeyman
Hi,

I am facing a strange problem...I initially had 3 HDDs (1 WD and 2 Segate) and 1 SSD. But recently both the Segate HDDs have failed. One of them is not even detected where as the other one is giving S.M.A.R.T error in bios while booting.

Apart from these I had two external HDDs, now both of them have also started giving trouble. One HDD is giving very slow read and write and the other one has developed bad sectors.

Are all these problems mere coincidence? or there could be some hardware component as culprit? I have recently changed my Mobo to Asus 990FX R2.0 and my power supply to Corsair TX650.
One thing more I also have a very old UPS that I am using with absolutely zero backup could that be a culprit?

Thanks

> if the UPS has no backup, then why are you using it? It could be the culprit. Tru using your PS without the UPS for a few weeks.

> Run Seagate Sea tools' short tests on the drives.

OP
saz

saz

Journeyman
Actually I am using the UPS just for extra sockets at back (as extension board). Also, is the UPS not supposed to provide un-interrupted supply in case of fluctuations apart from backup?

Since both seagate drives are not getting detected, even then can I use Seagate Sea tools?

Top Bottom