DVD writing problem.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
Im having a very strange problem wid my DW-Q120A sony dvd writer......when i burn cd's no probs at all cd's work fine...even burned ones!......its able to read all kinds of DVD's....but the problem starts when i try to burn DVD's ..all the dvd get wasted in the same manner ....the way in which the dvd is being burned and and wasted is the same ( the same is the problem wid 2 of my friends both use different writers and different media) when we compared our wasted dvd's ...we noticed that all were exactly similar ...even those dvd's which were burnrd successfully but were not working were similar..we have tried nero...roxio..sonic..and the windows inbuilt software..but to no help..all the drivers and firmwares are latest..the same problem persists when i try to burn images using alcohol 120%....i have used 5 different brands of media(sony.moserbaer,alfa,writex,mitsubishi)..and have tried all possible burning speeds...also tried disk drive cleaners..but this also didnt hellp...also our windows are different! ..when i checked the alcohol 120% log file it just sau=id an write error occured and noting else! ppll plZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ help!!!!!!!!!

Orionz

Nebula was here,15 yrs back
Same pro happend with my brother also
He replaced is AW-G170A DVD RAM Drive with New One.
Your DRIVE IS ALSO OEM VER OF SONY

CHECK *liggydee.cdfreaks.com/
FOR LATEST FIRMWARE FOR YOUR DRIVE.

PROB IN OPTICAL DRIVE NEVER BEEN SOLVED
GO FOR FOR BRANDED SONY DRIVE WHICH IS BOXED PACKED.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
didja check out for 4.5GB empty space in the burning software's working directory(it's cache directory)?

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
And.. scandiskked for bad sectors too... slow computer run speed... crap like that... only then blame the drive, as ur repair-centre guy'll anyway ask u to check it out.

OP
Ambar

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
pc is as fast as ever and they just changed the writer and the prob is solved!!!...thnks ppl!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom