dvd writer

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 26636

i want to buy a new dvd writer..which brand would be best? please tell me the price ranges also..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Wrong section of posting,dude.

Go for samsung octaedge drives,they offer good performance.
Model no : SH - S203

utsav

damn busy...
Asus rocks these days your preference should be first asus then lite on then samsung. sony driver r a big no

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
I go with cool G5. The recently released Samsung SH-S203 (SATA) is adjudged best by Digit and finds a place in Didgital Tools A-list.Reviews by other magazines are also favourable. I shall be buying one tom.

As regards Liteon, which was always my favourite, the recent crop has been too noisy and many have compared it to a speeding truck or vrooming mixie. My personal experience also goes with it.So I have decided to change my allegiance.:) Sony, I believe is mostly rebadged Liteon. I wouldn't take a risk.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Noisy is true my friend.If you don't like noisy drives then stay away from Lite-On.They are painfully noisy.Even more so with CD reading.My Lite-On has slowly started coughing up with problem after 10 months now.So can't vouch for Lite-on's credibility at this point.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
Dont ever go fr Samsung Drives.. The tray prob wil make u crazy..

Sony Drives r not at all noisy nd giv gud performance.. so go fr it !

acewin

Point Blanc
and samsung and LG drives have real good performance. I have seen my friends LG could read even a few which my sony wasnt reading.
And I have seen same for samsung drives. After a good write what really matters is even better read capability.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
r u sure coz my earlier one gave a lot and still too its giving prbs...i was lookin for a new one of liteon , but now on ur words , shud i go again for samsung ?

Me too faced tray problems with samsung earlier.But some 6 months ago a friend of mine bought a octaedge drive.It has no tray issues.The performance is also good.
I use a liteon,which is also good.Yeah,but let me warn you it makes some humming noise when spinning. :)If u can bear then it's no prob.

Both are equally good.I will say just pick any one which suits u.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ the new drives from Lite-on cause more troubles, not just noisy....my first Lite-on LH20A1P had no problems........but the same models which I had brought for ma frnds lately hav disk burning troubles too.....and Lite-on drives shows problems in reading some Mask disks( like Zebronics driver CDs for my gamepads :( )

........and my Lite-on drive after 8 months of use now started showing tray complaints and refuses to eject at at times lately. But when it comes to performance, no one can bet Lite-on.....its the fastest drive that I hav used so far in ma life, and hav the lowest number of disk burning failures.

BBThumbHealer

BlackBerry Guru ! :)
Me too faced tray problems with samsung earlier.But some 6 months ago a friend of mine bought a octaedge drive.It has no tray issues.The performance is also good.
I use a liteon,which is also good.Yeah,but let me warn you it makes some humming noise when spinning. :)If u can bear then it's no prob.

Both are equally good.I will say just pick any one which suits u.

Will go for the samsung ... i read its review and it was mentioned that it can push a CD to 100 mins with causing any damage

utsav

damn busy...
I have seen many guys supporting the octoedge feature of samsung drives but the fact is i have lost a octoedge combo drive ,and two octoedge dvd writer. so i switched to asus and its running great and its very silent. samsung launched a 22x drive too which is worthless even if they have overspeed burning capacity on low speed media as dvd burning at 22x is bound to cause problems.

j1n M@tt

Cyborg Agent
^^ I too hav lost many Samsung drives including Octoedge Combo drives........but the new Octoedge drives r manufactured by NEC for Samsung....so u can see the difference in performance and quality put forward by NEC on the new drives from samsung.

acewin

Point Blanc
any suggestions for IDE based writer,
I have to buy one, I got box to put in to make it external writer as my sony isnt working good now, it can read but not write. dont know the issue with it.

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
All the above suggested drives are IDE based.
Pick up any Samsung octoedge & make it external.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom