DVD-Writer Problem!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DD3030

Broken In
Hi all :p

Last week I did not get Lite-ON LH20A1P at Lamington Rd. This week also I enquired over phone, it is still not available. It seems it is out of stock for last 20 days and the dealers don't know when it is coming :confused:

Now, I read 2 threads about Lite-ON DVDRW problems, that's interesting :rolleyes:

Is the company holding the supply to correct some problem? Is it available in other cities?

Please suggest a good altenative with model no. as I am assembling a machine and already bought ~50% components, even though my PC is not urgent, probably I can go ahead with some other DVDRW now that LiteON is also having some problems.

Budget: 1000/- to 1800/- :p

Reply soon, thanks in advance :D

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
There is no big problem with Liteon LH-20A1P.
The one disscussing in the forum was about the drive not reading some Digit dual layer discs.It can be solved by applying a firmware upgrade.
Rest it doen't have any problem,you can take it with closed eyes.I myself have one for 6 months & have no probs.

OP
DD3030

DD3030

Broken In
Thanks for your replies, Cool G5 & Ravi :p

Is Sony DRU820A a 20X writer? Any other writer other than LiteON which provides 20X writer?

BTW, is whether 18X or 20X important? Many advice to write at 4X/8X.... :rolleyes:

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
DD3030 said:
Thanks for your replies, Cool G5 & Ravi :p

Is Sony DRU820A a 20X writer? Any other writer other than LiteON which provides 20X writer?

BTW, is whether 18X or 20X important? Many advice to write at 4X/8X.... :rolleyes:

Liteon LH-20A1P writes dvd at 20x which is fastest at present.
But still most people write at 8-10x so as to prevent errors.
Recently I saw a dvd writer from Moserbaer offering dvd writing at 20X.I saw on the box it was collabration between Moserbaer & LiteOn.

shantanu

Technomancer
as this is a open thread continued here :

i bought a Moser Baer DH-20A3S DVD-RW , now its no accepting the firmware upgrade at lite-on website... what to do ??

shantanu

Technomancer
the firmware is for liteon DH-20A3S and mine is MOSER BAER DH-20A3S ?? i am confused.. somebody help ?? :D

NucleusKore

TheSaint
the firmware is for liteon DH-20A3S and mine is MOSER BAER DH-20A3S ?? i am confused.. somebody help ?? :D

Go here and download the firmware
*www.liteonit.com/global/index.php?option=com_wrapper&Itemid=75

Is it the same??
Just see this
*cgi.ebay.in/Moser-Baer-LiteON-20X-Dual-Layer-DVD-Writer-Black_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ270222173144

shantanu

Technomancer
i have already downloaded the firmware but it says , it does not match the one already installed in my writer ??

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Don't mind me asking, but is the model number DH-20A3S the same as what you see in the hardware list in the device manager or SiSoft Sandra. If you haven't checked please do as I had a bad experience with Sony. It was badged as one and had something else inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom