DVD-writer not showing in Vista!!!

gohan89

Broken In
I have a dual boot of Vista SP2 32bit and Seven 32 bit.My LG DVD writer 22x of 3.5 years had been malfunctioning for some days..it was reading full dvds as blank and was writing on dvds with lots of errors.Also reading disks were a pain.
2 days ago..I faced a weird problem.My DVD writer is not showing in Vista Windows Explorer and also not in device manager.But it is showing in seven,but reading and writing dvds with error.
Please help as I really need to use the writer.
I live in Kolkata..can u plz tell me about LG dvd writer service centers..
Help me asap...

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
check the device manager and see if it shows up there. Also does it come in BIOS?
See inside of cabby for any loose wires to dvd writer.
But I have a feeling the dvd drives lifetime is over.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I have a dual boot of Vista SP2 32bit and Seven 32 bit.My LG DVD writer 22x of 3.5 years had been malfunctioning for some days..it was reading full dvds as blank and was writing on dvds with lots of errors.Also reading disks were a pain.
2 days ago..I faced a weird problem.My DVD writer is not showing in Vista Windows Explorer and also not in device manager.But it is showing in seven,but reading and writing dvds with error.
Please help as I really need to use the writer.
I live in Kolkata..can u plz tell me about LG dvd writer service centers..
Help me asap...

there will be Service Centers in Kolkata..but warrany is over so u will be charged for it..instead buy a new one (which will be better option) :mrgreen:

Top Bottom